• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

Vinh,

Suppose you use a new driver, so that the CFT-90 is driven at 30 amps or so, instead of the present 20 amps.

About how much would the candela increase, with tuning being the same, etc?

There is no driver to push that much current. I have been talking to vinh about this a lot and he said this is as bright as he can get it.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

A bit more bad news until things improved ;-)

Today I build another GTvn and tuned the beam some more. Guess what?!

Bad news: All GTvn CFT90 will have rings around the hot spot

GOOD NEWS: I just hit 1.75Mcd!!!!

Yea. It is not your fault.. it is just the way the design and location of the reflector that cause ring artifact.

BVH

Flashaholic

The Lexel driver is probably not far off. Up to 40 Amps. Vinh, is this what you're going to ultimately use?

Agpp

Enlightened

IIRC it hit 1.6 Mcd @ 20A.
If that's true (and f.e. Vinh is not being conservative with current numbers), the limit is around 2.15 Mcd with just power increase. Vinh didn't tell us what he did to achieve 1.75, if there was any improvement other than power boost, 2.2 Mcd is theoretically possible.

star_c_star

Enlightened

I just received an email that my BLF GTvn Spec 6, with CFT-90, is on the way!

Only 2 - 3 days more until I have a portable searchlight.

It will be great for dog walking, and weight lifting.;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just received an email that my BLF GTvn Spec 6, with CFT-90, is on the way!

Only 2 - 3 days more until I have a portable searchlight.

It will be great for dog walking, and weight lifting.;)

I think your sample was the 1.75Mcd sample...Cant remember for sure..

star_c_star

Enlightened

I think your sample was the 1.75Mcd sample...Cant remember for sure..

OK, thanks again Vinh. Even if it is "only" 1.6 Mcd I'll be satisfied.

If you ever push the BLF GTvn90 to 2.5 Mcd, I'll probably send mine in for an upgrade, or buy a second one if I'm too enthusiastic.

Hmmm, that may be why I have 2 Rev Victor Enthusiasts.

star_c_star

Enlightened

BLF GTvn90 Spec 6 arrived today, less than an hour ago.

This flashlight is BIG!

Rated 1.75 Mcd by Vinh, and around 5000 lumens

Batteries are charging now.

Last edited:

"Everytime you look at me,
my heart is jumping,
it's easy to see:

"You drive me crazy
i just can't sleep
i'm so excited
i'm in too deep."

Brittany Spears perfectly describes how the GTvn has affected me!

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

You should be thanking Luminus for the LED. They managed to make an LED the size of the XHP35 HI, but with triple the output capacity. It's also the second most intense LED on the market, only behind the Black Flat.

Agpp

Enlightened

You should be thanking Luminus for the LED. They managed to make an LED the size of the XHP35 HI, but with triple the output capacity. It's also the second most intense LED on the market, only behind the Black Flat.

Die size is about as large as XHP50.2. Package is much larger.

BTW it would be so awesome if Luminus did CFT-40 too...

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened

BLF GTvn90 Spec 6 arrived today, less than an hour ago.

This flashlight is BIG!

Rated 1.75 Mcd by Vinh, and around 5000 lumens

Batteries are charging now.

OK, the batteries were charged in about 3-4 hours, and I carefully placed the battery carriers into the BLF GT (arrows on the carrier posts must point to head of light)

The UI had been set to 6 output levels (or defaulted to 6), with the first level being 1% or less. At that level, you have a 6 inch circle of light projecting for a long distance.

I made the mistake of hitting a nearby white wall with 100% power. After my eyesight had recovered from that, I compared the spot to others from my 1 Mcd to 1.4 Mcd flashlights. The spot from the BLF GTvn90 is much, much bigger, and seemed more intense (which it is, of course).

I then walked my dog around the block, mainly using level 2, but occasionally double-clicking the button to reach 100%. A big searchlight beam shot into the sky, or blasted trees a block away. I need to take the light to a park around 10 blocks away, where I can light targets 500 yards away.

My initial impressions are way beyond "impressed". It like carrying my X65vn, but with a more narrow beam. The fact that one LED can do this is really amazing.

Luminus developed the CFT-90 to replace some HID and Short-Arc searchlights. Obviously, they succeeded, with the help of Vinh and the BLF GT.

Oh, forgot to mention, at 100% I can feel the heat in the beam at least 10 feet away.:)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OK, the batteries were charged in about 3-4 hours, and I carefully placed the battery carriers into the BLF GT (arrows on the carrier posts must point to head of light)

The UI had been set to 6 output levels (or defaulted to 6), with the first level being 1% or less. At that level, you have a 6 inch circle of light projecting for a long distance.

I made the mistake of hitting a nearby white wall with 100% power. After my eyesight had recovered from that, I compared the spot to others from my 1 Mcd to 1.4 Mcd flashlights. The spot from the BLF GTvn90 is much, much bigger, and seemed more intense (which it is, of course).

I then walked my dog around the block, mainly using level 2, but occasionally double-clicking the button to reach 100%. A big searchlight beam shot into the sky, or blasted trees a block away. I need to take the light to a park around 10 blocks away, where I can light targets 500 yards away.

My initial impressions are way beyond "impressed". It like carrying my X65vn, but with a more narrow beam. The fact that one LED can do this is really amazing.

Luminus developed the CFT-90 to replace some HID and Short-Arc searchlights. Obviously, they succeeded, with the help of Vinh and the BLF GT.

Oh, forgot to mention, at 100% I can feel the heat in the beam at least 10 feet away.:)

So far all of the recipients has been impressed :)
I am too still impressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.