• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop FW21vn Pro - 21700 Compact Powerhouse R

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha!! Yes, what a deal, huh! ...and by the way, I'd be happy to send any light to you, to check out. :)

Well, I'm guessing Vinh will be posting pictures and specification fairly soon, if he already has pricing set!

Edit: I'm just going to take an optimistic guess for fun...

DeLens with 30T or 40T.... 4400L and 155Kcd
Awww, thanks man! I think you're dreaming with the throw though haha; head to small. I'll guess 4400L like you but 80kcd.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Awww, thanks man! I think you're dreaming with the throw though haha; head to small. I'll guess 4400L like you but 80kcd.

Kevin, we're talking about a 40mm head with a single, reflectored SBT90, right? It should easily do better than 125Kcd even if the reflector isn't the best. This light has thin head walls making more room for a larger reflector than the tactical lights like the G25C2 or Warrior Pro X. Whatever the result, I think it will be competitive with other 39-40mm heads.

MT07vn White 2 5400K Max Turn On Perf: 7700L, 115Kcd, 678m (44mm head)

D4Svn White2 5400K Supercharged 5000L, 118Kcd, 697m (39mm head)

G25C2vn SBT90 G2 5700K 3500L 120Kcd, 693m (39.5mm head)
G25C2vn SBT90 G2 5700K Delens 3700L 130Kcd, 721m (39.5mm head)

Olight Pro Xvn90 DeLens 4100L 135Kcd, 735m (39mm head)

L16vn90 4000L, 140Kcd, 748m (40mm head)
L16vn90 DeLens 4200L 150Kcd or higher (estimated) (40mm head)

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to have to plead ignorance haha. I just looked at the picture in the hand haha. It just doesn't look that big, but numbers don't lie. I'm really curious to see comparison pictures now.

daffy

Enlightened
I bought a stock one and compared just on a white wall for now against a stock Fireflies E07.
Much more floody beam of course, heats up slightly quicker than Fireflies both on Turbo.
But it cools down quicker as well, both using a 30amp Vapcell.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my three. Left to right: Nightwatch NSX53, FW21 Pro, FW3a, FW21 Pro, FW4a, FW21 Pro, Emisar, D4V2, Nitecore TM9K. All are Vinh54.

FW21a Pro: From Off, double click takes you to top of ramp setting. Another double click Turbo.

From On, double click to Turbo.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. How does the FW21 Pro compare with the TM9K?

Total lumens are almost the same.

TM9K Vn, original 9 x XP-L, at 30 seconds: 9,120 lumens. 300 meters throw.
FW21 Pro Vn, original triple XHP50.2, Skylumen site says 2 seconds: 9,350 lumens. 365 meters throw.

Both are single 21700 cell.

Both with fully charged cell at turn on, small white room ceiling bounce: Room brightness appears identical to my eyes.

White wall hunting at 2 meters: TM9K is more floody. Tint: I did not notice any variation from usual CW.

Compare with each other? The main difference between the two is build type and build feel. The former looks and feels very Lumintop FWy, and the latter feels very Nitecorey.

Also big differences in user interface, even though both are rear switch. The TM9K has two rear controls: Clicky button and mode paddle.

I like both of these lights a lot!

Two of the FW21 Pro that I got today are gifts for two of my friends, I also got two SC1 chargers and cables and 1 amp wall adapters with the lights today, and I have two new 40T 21700 cells to go with the lights, too, along with the specs cards and the two year Skylumen extended warranty. And a comprehensive discourse on safety and brevity of upper modes.

One of my friends does security and pest control, and my other friend does financial planning. Both are excited to get these lights as gifts from me.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Total lumens are almost the same.

TM9K Vn, original 9 x XP-L, at 30 seconds: 9,120 lumens. 300 meters throw.
FW21 Pro Vn, original triple XHP50.2, Skylumen site says 2 seconds: 9,350 lumens. 365 meters throw.

Both are single 21700 cell.

Both with fully charged cell at turn on, small white room ceiling bounce: Room brightness appears identical to my eyes.

White wall hunting at 2 meters: TM9K is more floody. Tint: I did not notice any variation from usual CW.

Compare with each other? The main difference between the two is build type and build feel. The former looks and feels very Lumintop FWy, and the latter feels very Nitecorey.

Also big differences in user interface, even though both are rear switch. The TM9K has two rear controls: Clicky button and mode paddle.

I like both of these lights a lot!

Two of the FW21 Pro that I got today are gifts for two of my friends, I also got two SC1 chargers and cables and 1 amp wall adapters with the lights today, and I have two new 40T 21700 cells to go with the lights, too, along with the specs cards and the two year Skylumen extended warranty. And a comprehensive discourse on safety and brevity of upper modes.

One of my friends does security and pest control, and my other friend does financial planning. Both are excited to get these lights as gifts from me.

Your a good friend. I also enjoy giving lights as gifts.I must have gifted at least 40 or 50 lights over the past 15 years. Its the gift that keeps on giving as long as you change the batteries.

SKV89

Enlightened
Same here I enjoy gifting lights too. Only problem is most people are not good with any UI more complicated than your typical Maglites and Energizers.

Patriot

Flashaholic
A great day of posts!

Rich, thank so much for the picture and the comparisons. It's such a small 21700 light and makes the TM9K and NSX3 look huge.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my three. Left to right: Nightwatch NSX53, FW21 Pro, FW3a, FW21 Pro, FW4a, FW21 Pro, Emisar, D4V2, Nitecore TM9K. All are Vinh54.

FW21a Pro: From Off, double click takes you to top of ramp setting. Another double click Turbo.

From On, double click to Turbo.
Thanks for the reference pic! It really shows the size of the head much better.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this light. Fully stock but its so bright you would think its modded. Lumintop did a awesome job with this one. beam pattern is perfect due to the individual reflector wells. Im not a huge fan of a floody light be this one is so versatile and usable.

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Just placed an order for one. Looking forward to having this much power in a small package.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Congrats to the new owners!

I think it's amazing that something this size reaches that kind of output. I'm eager to see what kind of throw the reflector version turns out to be.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to the new owners!

I think it's amazing that something this size reaches that kind of output. I'm eager to see what kind of throw the reflector version turns out to be.
so am I. If it's anywhere as good as my d4s v2, I'll get one.

Patriot

Flashaholic
so am I. If it's anywhere as good as my d4s v2, I'll get one.

It might be a bit fewer lumens but the throw ought to be pretty awesome depending on what reflectors fit in that head. I'm hoping we'll see 150+Kcd.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be curious if there was any optics that will fit this light for a quad w2 or w1.2.
The d4svn seems to be of same size.....even if the numbers are identical, I still think it's a totally different light. It's just feels much lighter and smaller because of the body.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'll be curious if there was any optics that will fit this light for a quad w2 or w1.2.
The d4svn seems to be of same size.....even if the numbers are identical, I still think it's a totally different light. It's just feels much lighter and smaller because of the body.

+1

Latest posts