M-Zeppelin SF M6 LED mods

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dennis

You can tell that a whole lot planning and work went into those.

I know that Fraen has some new reflectors made just for the MC-E, I should have some samples on the way and I am working on a US supply for them since Cutter seems to be one of the only ones stocking them. Arrow may order them since they are stocking as good of selections of MC-E of anyone. I orders some M bin a couple of days ago and yet they still had some C, H, J, bin

After buying an M4 and M6 fairly recently you could count me in if you reproduce these again.

Super work.

Dave

Thanks Dave, please keep me posted with your findings on the Fraens.

I will be offerring sinks after I build up and fit some more modules into other M6s. First I will be offering the completed mods as time allows me to finish them.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Dennis, beautiful work. I'm not quite sure what to derive of the first post's intentions. Are they simply to inform of some upcoming builds for current customers?:sssh: Or are they to show off your creations that will ultimately end up remaining in your posession as part of a LZ collection?:sigh: Or perhaps they'll be sold off one at a time as they're completed?:naughty: Sorry if I'm rambling, just want to get a better handle on things. Again, I'm very impressed by all I've seen so far.....and congrats griff! :huh:

BiB, sorry for any confusion. Originally I planned on offerring the loose sinks right off the bat. But upon building Griff's, and test fitting in my M6s, I found the fit to be exacting to the point that M6 tolerances might cause fit issues. So I'm going to build up the various modules to install in member's lights and get a feel for dimensional tweaks that will be more forgiving. I don't want anyone to buy one of these high dollar sinks and have any issues at all.

That being said, as I complete modules I will put them up for sale in th B/S/T forum. Or if anyone want to reserve a particular version feel free to PM me.

After building up several and determining if my concerns are warranted, I may sell some sinks from this initial run as well.

So far I have tested fit in 3 different M6s. All fit fine, but a 0.001" difference in the host could change that.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Bernie, the module will drop out by removing the bezel and lens. I use a bit of compound in the head, but no epoxy. So it is completely reversible if you want to return your light to stock at any time.

I am more interested in having it the least reversible as possible, meaning bomb proof. In case of a shock, the module should stay where it is and not shatter the window via the reflectors or loose contact etc.

The perfect M6L, if you like. This mod of yours looks sooo freaking great and I am all excited now :D :bow:

bernie

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am more interested in having it the least reversible as possible, meaning bomb proof. In case of a shock, the module should stay where it is and not shatter the window via the reflectors or loose contact etc.

The perfect M6L, if you like. This mod of yours looks sooo freaking great and I am all excited now :D :bow:

bernie

Bernie, the module could easily be epoxied into the head for a permanent mod. And with the Cree and the P7 versions, the reflectors have seats that they could be epoxied to making it more or less one-piece.

EDIT: I've added this info the the first post.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
"Holy sh!t!" Sorry those are the first words that came out of my mouth when seeing this.

Dennis is the heatsink God! :twothumbs

I don't think anyone can top this one or your other heatsink. Absolutely beautiful!

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Holy sh!t!" Sorry those are the first words that came out of my mouth when seeing this.

Dennis is the heatsink God! :twothumbs

I don't think anyone can top this one or your other heatsink. Absolutely beautiful!

Will,
That's funny! I PM'd Dennis today and said the exact
same thing.. My post from CLF:
WOW

I'm VERY happy with the outcome of this project!
Like the Moby **** Trinity build, I ask Dennis to build
something unique and bright as possible. The only
restriction I had was for him to use the Ostar in the
mod. Dennis came up with the design for the heatsink and
from the looks of it he hit a homerun. Dennis is one of the
few builders/modders IMHO, that has mastered all phases
of the job with such attension to detail resulting in a "PACKAGE of PERFECTION".
He reminds me of the saying " a job worth doing, is a job worth right"
I will post a complete review when the Stork drops off my baby.

Thanks to Dennis aka LED Zeppelin

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, too kind.

Beamshots added. Griff, light will be heading back tomorrow. Hope you like it just as much in person.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unbelievable! I wish I had your knowledge and machining skills! You might as well design a Led_Zep light entirely from scratch. Awesome Work!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dennis, the new pictures you posted are very promissing. :twothumbs

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY CRAPOLA! I was thinking of getting the M3 and doing the D36 mod like donn did, (and I still might) but I've always wanted an M6 .... and an M4 .... and an M3 .... LOL! Now you've got my head spinning and I don't know what to get/do. Just freakin' INSANE!! Decisions, decisions!

Are these Cree XREs' in the small ones? I'm afraid to ask, but how much?

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY CRAPOLA!

Are these Cree XREs' in the small ones? I'm afraid to ask, but how much?

KDOG3, the XRE are the single die ones, throw should be good. Sink kits should be about $125, and the completed mod in your light in the range of $375-425 depending on which version (host and FM holder not included).