Strion DS LED upgraded with Strion DS HL led module?

ckfey2156

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the LED in a Streamlight Strion DS (dual switch) with the HL (high lumen) version?

I have a Strion DS that has a 375 lumen LED. I have the ability to buy the LED and switch module for the Strion DS HL for a modest price. The HL version is 700 lumens.

Taking the Strion apart is an easy enough task, but I'm wondering if the HL LED module will drop right in? The lens and reflector assembly may need to be replaced too, because the Strion HL uses a shorter reflector.

If anyone has tried this and can advise if it is possible and what parts are needed I would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I went ahead and tried it, and if anyone was wondering, yes you can. You don't need to get the HL reflector either, the original will work fine.

First, good on ya' for getting it done successfully!

I don't suppose you could manage of photo of that module you swapped, could you? I'd be interested in getting a look at it. Either way, good job!

...and yes, I really dig my 'DS HL'. You couldn't pry it out of my hand;-)

ckfey2156

Newly Enlightened
First, good on ya' for getting it done successfully!

I don't suppose you could manage of photo of that module you swapped, could you? I'd be interested in getting a look at it. Either way, good job!

...and yes, I really dig my 'DS HL'. You couldn't pry it out of my hand;-)
This is the original one that came out:

Attachments

• IMG_5783.jpeg
    IMG_5783.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 22