• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M2Xvn

Capolini

Banned
Re: M2Xvn - High Quality Budget Thrower

dont worry - thats normal...

when you have a bike light and no bike then you might have a serious problem (like me) LOL.

Lol!!! That qualifies for the "Laugh of the day"!!

Hey, I have a 1979 Peugeot Bicycle ,,haven't ridden it in about 7 years,,,,,,,,! Maybe I can borrow your light one day!!

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks! It is "OUT FOR DELIVERY"!

Please keep in mind that this with be a visual comparison and description of that! I do not have the measuring equipment, however I have been pretty accurate in estimating outputs of several lights.Justin can attest to that.It really is not that hard. If you have a light that was tested or an idea of its LUX [which I do] it makes it easier.

First I will do a "White wall test" w/ my sun glasses on! Then I will compare beam intensity/output outside where it really counts! CAPO will be my assistant!:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I do not have a camera that takes decent night shots! I am working on trying to get my roommates Samsung tablet to take better night pics.! $4000+ Torch collection and no decent camera! :shakehead
Do you have a SR52--- To me the reflectors look real similiar

Capolini

Banned

Do you have a SR52--- To me the reflectors look real similiar

Yes,,,,,,,,I have the SR52vn which was measured ~ 265Kcd[Jmpaul]. The reflectors are similar.

The M25C2vn [~ 300Kcd] had a more intense center beam than the SR52vn. I am hoping the M2Xvn is at least as powerful as the SR52vn!

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes,,,,,,,,I have the SR52vn which was measured ~ 265Kcd[Jmpaul]. The reflectors are similar.

The M25C2vn [~ 300Kcd] had a more intense center beam than the SR52vn. I am hoping the M2Xvn is at least as powerful as the SR52vn!
If he pushed it hard Direct drive 5+amps it should be a little better--my SR52s only hit around 4.2amps on a good day--- SR52 is one of my favorites (have 2) Now that I know you have a M2X if it compares favorably I will be ordering--I'm gifting the stock one

Capolini

Banned
Re: M2Xvn?

From "White Wall shots" Preliminary indications show that the M2Xvn has at least the same beam intensity as the M25C2vn. The M2Xvn seems to have a fuller hot spot also. I do not mean as far as "size" I mean as far as intensity throughout the entire hot spot. Maybe because of a slight difference in tint? I do not know!

Both appeared to have a bit more intensity than the SR52vn which I expected and knew from testing it against the M25C2vn initially.It will be dark in 75 minutes!

A few pics w/ my world class camera!

M2XvnampM25C2vn001_zps389aa451.jpg

M2XvnampM25C2vn004_zps0a1477b8.jpg

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks a lot Capolini--now I'll have to order one--was going to anyway--I'm wanting to keep the stock UI because of being able to lock it on the mode you want But that 5amps is pulling me in--If you don't mind let me know how it handles heat also

Capolini

Banned

Thanks a lot Capolini--now I'll have to order one--was going to anyway--I'm wanting to keep the stock UI because of being able to lock it on the mode you want But that 5amps is pulling me in--If you don't mind let me know how it handles heat also

Mine is DD Single mode.Generates the most heat/power. :party:

I do not think heat will be an issue whatsoever. I did run time tests[tail standing- 63F] ,It got warm the first 10 minutes but not close to not being able to hold. In an outdoor environment with your hand and movement it should be fine,,,,,even in the summer.

IT gives off LESS HEAT as the test progresses and power diminishes. From 10 to 30 min. when I stopped the test it was producing minimal heat.:)

Capolini

Banned

Alex question to Vinh:
vinh same led and same current, what throws better m2xvn or m25c2vn ?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vinh answer:

I have not compared apples to apples yet so I am not sure. But I think they are real close.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Capolini's "Field test"!! lol!

The Boss[Capo] and I just got back.
Vinh,,,,,,,,,,from a visual perspective I would say you have Co-Champions!:party: ...in the XML2 U3 1 X 18650 division!

It is very close ,,,in fact I could not tell which one had the more intense center beam. It was as if I was testing the exact same lights! the only difference is that my M2Xvn is a slightly cooler tint.The batteries were the same[Efest 30A], the run times were the same!

They are both great lights. If I had to pick one,Since both of mine are Direct Drive, single mode and appear to be the same output....I guess I would pick the M2Xvn because it is 1/2" smaller!

Vinh....

Do you have any of these in right now? You could ship tubevn with this maybe??
I would like to have single mode DD for use with IMR.
Blue boot.
Copper Heatsink upgrade.
PDTn - nice neutral tint is very important to me!! ;)

OK. Please put me down for one as above. Will send PP when you are happy with the mods.
Just carry on and ship my TUBEvn on monday.

Thanks very much :)
Looking forward to this one. I have a love for my olight M3x. This will be sweet...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OK. Please put me down for one as above. Will send PP when you are happy with the mods.
Just carry on and ship my TUBEvn on monday.

Thanks very much :)
Looking forward to this one. I have a love for my olight M3x. This will be sweet...

U can send Paypal now. Makes me accounting easier :)

breadfan

Newly Enlightened

Vinh this light is amazing! :clap::clap: Thank You!

Like I said I'll post some beamshots..... as soon as I can find somewhere big enough to show all it's glory!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

New LED options. XPG2 PDTc + DriverVN2 version was sent to Justin for numbers

Factory XPL Domeless LED & Current boost to ~3.8A Factory UI, Single 18650 only

Extra Upgrade:
+$35 DriverVN2
+$25 LED copper heatsink sand flat and buff shinny + new arctic silver thermal compound,
larger LED wires, switch and spring mod
+$30 XPG2 PDTc
+$5 "V54" hand engraved

+ $15 for International Shipping
+ $5 Blue rubber boot: larger press area, thick material, higher sensitivity, better looks
+ $10 Single Mode Only

mikeyx

Enlightened

How much is it to current boost an existing M2X ?

Thanks,
Mike

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Just an updated picture of the shipping version of this light