• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M2Xvn

Capolini

Banned
Re: M2Xvn - High Quality Budget Thrower

No cursing,no swearing ,no hooting and hollering,no drinking,no breaking things .
Sounds to me it was just some kids having fun.
Not, PUNKS, IMBECILES , and DRUNK PUNKS ,,, Yeah,good job bob. You showed those lawbreakers.

lol! REALLY? Were you here? I live on private property and climbing a fence to use our swimming pool is breaking the law! BTW they were hooting and hollering and because I did what I did they did not get much of a chance to do any damage! ;)

tialini

Newly Enlightened

No cursing,no swearing ,no hooting and hollering,no drinking,no breaking things .
Sounds to me it was just some kids having fun.
Not, PUNKS, IMBECILES , and DRUNK PUNKS ,,, Yeah,good job bob. You showed those lawbreakers.

There are many woman & children, and elderly that reside here. Capolini was just protecting everyone. No way to know if drugs & alcohol or property damage was involved. Thankfully, they did not have time to do any harm.

MaxBeam

Enlightened

lol! REALLY? Were you here? I live on private property and climbing a fence to use our swimming pool is breaking the law! BTW they were hooting and hollering and because I did what I did they did not get much of a chance to do any damage! ;)

Good move! :thumbsup: I would have done the same thing you did!
evilgrin07.gif
Just like cockroaches, people who are up to something under the cover of darkness will flee when the lights are turned on.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

The NEW cell tower at the former Schuylkill Township Police station has been a blessing! :) It sits in a Valley.To the Southwest the elevation increases 350' in just over 1 mile to the top of the Pickering Valley Golf Course where I tested the TK61vn V4 @ 1 MILE 27yds/1787yds/1634m. I have a picture of the cell tower on the "closed" TK61vn V4 thread. It looks like a giant White Flagpole. They call it the "Disguised Flag Pole" version! It is 120' tall.

To the Northwest towards my house elevation increases ~150' where I tested the MiniCreeVN and the M2Xvn XML2 "U3" VERSION! I don't live in the mountains but these several hundred feet of elevation increases combined with the cell tower being in the valley resulting in a variety of testing angles and locations that make a Flashaholic smile,,,,,,,,at least one who enjoys "THROWERS"! Some like a wall of light and some like throwers,some may like both! To me, there is NOTHING like seeing a beautiful,piercing.penetrating and intense beam traveling hundreds of yards/meters through the sky! This site is the closest one [2 miles] from my house and gives me the most options.

THE PRELIMINARIES ARE OVER! I CAN CONFIRM WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY THAT THE M2Xvn XML2 "U3" IS AT LEAST 280Kcd/1058m/1157yds.! My test was a few feet further than that! My guess would be ~300/310Kcd for my M2Xvn!As you can see by the numbers on my MAP! What a beautiful sight it was. I look forward to testing his Brother the M2Xvn XPG2 DD/SINGLE MODE tested by Justin @ 385Kcd! :thumbsup:

On a side note I took the TK61vn V4 with me to see if it could reach the tower on HIGH. It did as I expected it would! The TK61vn V4 [on High] shed a little more light than the M2X did on max. I am guessing that the TK61vn V4 is ~ 400Kcd on high. :) The end of an exciting night in the life of a FLASHAHOLIC!

M2Xvn-1059m-1160yds_zpskfx2gviz.jpg

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

capolini you should come to lake wakawana lol

Capolini

Banned

^^^^^ yaaaa,,I have not been there in a few years! I can shine my TK61vn V4 across the lake to your house!

Edit: I just measured the lake! it is 357yards long and ~115 yards wide!! My MinicreeVN could light an object up at the other end of the lake!:crackup:

BTW Capo and I are headed for the Wannuppee Islands this weekend! I will shine "V4" South towards your house!

Last edited:

Patt

Enlightened

What's the best "option + price" for the "best/furthest throwing" version..whith an "xpl" "xml" or "xpg" ..? and...what's the "beam-distance in meters" please??Someone???

Cheers..Patt

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^

The furthest throwing cost the most,BEST is a matter of opinion.

xpg2 throws the furthest. ALL the info is on this thread or Jmpauls thread.

Olight M2Xvn XPG2 PDTc drivervn2
Sony vtc
889@ turn on
842@ 30 sec
616 high
442 mid
130 low
39 low 2
2 firefly
Throw - 385,000 lux

D3ADLY

Newly Enlightened

So guys, I don't know nearly as much about flashlights as you guys. I'm looking to purchase my next super thrower though. I'd like your opinions.

Firstly, I've been considering these two lights on my list:

1. OSTS Night Master
http://www.onestopthrowshop.com/product.sc?productId=9&categoryId=1

2. Olight M3XS UT Javelot
http://www.andrew-amanda.com/catalog/product/olight-m3xs-javelot/

I love the size of torch #1. Torch #2 has more throw by their numbers. After reading through this thread though, I'm wondering if I might be better off going with the M2Xvn? Or is there anything better roughly about the same size? I'd want to carry it on my hip with a carrying case. The M3XS UT is really starting to push the boundaries of how big I'm willing to go. Please help a guy out and let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

^^^^^^^^^

I would go with the M2Xvn either XML2 ~ 280/300Kcd or the XPG2 version where you see the numbers in my post above.I have the XML2 U3 version and I am getting the XPG2 version. It is due to arrive tomorrow on my Birthday!:party: they may be a few more dollars than stock but preform better and are more compact.

Choice #1 I would forget about. Michael unfortunately does not seem to be around anymore and has taken on other interests.

Capolini

Banned

NEW ARRIVAL-M2Xvn XPG2 PDTc DD SINGLE MODE. JUST IN TIME FOR MY BIRTHDAY! :party:

OLIGHT%20FAMILY-6.4.2015%20003_zpst4szgm5e.jpg

THE EXTENDED "OLIGHT" FAMILY INCLUDING "BROTHER" M2Xvn XML2 U3 PDTc DD SINGLE MODE!

LEFT TO RIGHT: M3X,SR52vn,M2Xvn[XPG2],M2Xvn[XML2],M22,S20 & S10 :cool:

OLIGHT%20FAMILY-6.4.2015%20011_zpsvjryst1h.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oh wow happy birthday General Capoliniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy Belated Birthday, Capn Capo!

D3ADLY

Newly Enlightened

Yeah happy birthday Capolini!

Does your m2xvn's out throw that m3xs ut you have there?

Capolini

Banned

Yeah happy birthday Capolini!

Does your m2xvn's out throw that m3xs ut you have there?

Thanks Ryp and D3EADLY for the B'DAY WISHES.

The M3X in my line up is a stock light. The M2Xvn XML2 [~280/290Kcd] and the M2Xvn XPG2 VERSION tested @ 385Kcd will CERTAINLY out throw the new M3XS UT JAVELOT[250Kcd] :cool:

D3ADLY

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Ryp and D3EADLY for the B'DAY WISHES.

The M3X in my line up is a stock light. The M2Xvn XML2 [~280/290Kcd] and the M2Xvn XPG2 VERSION tested @ 385Kcd will CERTAINLY out throw the new M3XS UT JAVELOT[250Kcd] :cool:

Wow that's awesome. I asked because I just got the m3xs UT Javelot in the mail the other day. Where I live, I can light up everything I can see where I can get the beam to go. We have some pretty big open fields here and wooded areas where I live. I thought it was pretty impressive. I just ordered my first Vinh modded light the other day and can't wait to get it in the mail. I ended up ordering the following:

M25C2vnT
Xml2 PDTc U3 turbo head & special killer throw tuning.
DriverVN2
Extra impact resistance
Engraving

I figure that should far outperform my Javelot. Can't wait to get my first modded light in my hands!

Last edited:

bim13north

Newly Enlightened

You will be thoroughly impressed with the M25C2vnT !! It will outperform your Javelot for sure.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Re: M2Xvn?

Thinking about ordering one of these with the Father's day discount. I want throw, but I think the XP-G2 PDTc would be too cool for my taste. I understand I would be giving up some throw, but any chance to get a 4500k-5000k XP-G2 PDTn? Better to go with a XP-L2 PDTn?

*edit - email sent to Vinh as well. :)

Last edited: