• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn VS MK34vn

MC408

Enlightened
I didn't see it on his list of batteries

Ahhhh. Not sure, I just emailed Vinh with the order and said include a battery and charge me for it. . Haha

im new at this, I just order what NL and OG recommend or if Vinh has a R next to if and fire it up when it arrives.

Ill leave the testing work up to Alex!

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I lurked for a year and did a LOT of Googleing (is that a real verb?) before I joined.
Then I was polite and asked polite questions - the people here have been truly supportive.

My only "mistake" was the very first light I ever purchased - nitecore EC4S
That light has bad parasitic drain - had I read a few reviews, I might not have purchased it.
hmmm I wonder if Vinh can fix it. i'll have to ask.

lstm

That is funny. My first good light and first mistake was the EC4S as well. I would have been much happier with one of Vinh's lights. I use it at work mostly and I am secretly hoping that I lose it, break it or someone steals it so I can buy a V54 and expense the thing. The T21vn looks very interesting.

lstmichel

Enlightened
That is funny. My first good light and first mistake was the EC4S as well. I would have been much happier with one of Vinh's lights. I use it at work mostly and I am secretly hoping that I lose it, break it or someone steals it so I can buy a V54 and expense the thing. The T21vn looks very interesting.

I am sending my ec4s to Vinh - i'll let you know how things work out

lstmichel

Enlightened

I don't trust any product that has xxxxxfire as the name - the "fire" thing seems to have some kind of Chinese significance ....
there are only 5? true battery manufactures - all others are re-wraps of those
check this site - http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php to get some idea of actual capacity

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Depending on ship times, I now am an official member of the V54 club. Just ordered my Manker MK34vn and my JetBeam R16vn. I can't wait!!!!

MC408

Enlightened
Depending on ship times, I now am an official member of the V54 club. Just ordered my Manker MK34vn and my JetBeam R16vn. I can't wait!!!!

Nice! Congrats and welcome to the club!

fyi. Not sure if you ended up on this page through search, but the v54 home with all threads is here. (Sorry, but it's impossible to not buy another light once you read the comments and reviews). Haha. See you in the lounge!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?140-Vinhnguyen54

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Hi all

First post in a while, I've been broke and have tried not to tempt myself too much.
I've finally decided to clear some lights to purchase a vinh and the mk34 spec 1 seems to be high on my list, dependant on how much money I manage to raise. I hoped somebody could let me know how it deals with heat on turbo? Does it have thermal management or is it down to the user to take action manually. Either way how long will it run on turbo? I would purchase Sanyo 18650ga 3500's for this if I got it.

Thanks very much

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Hey all. I just hit a major issue with my MK34vn. I had the light on turbo for about 30 seconds. It got pretty darn hot, which I would expect. At this point, I decided I should step down to let it cool for a moment. Well, it wouldn't step through the cycles. I thought "Oh crap, this is not good" so I tried to turn off the light. Ha, it would not turn off. I then unscrewed the head to separate it from the body. It did turn off at this point. After everything cooled off I decided to re-assemble it. Low and behold, it came right back up in turbo mode and will not shut down. Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to get into the UI mode and change something to get it to turn off? or is this a return to builder deal?

drummer132132

Enlightened
Hey all. I just hit a major issue with my MK34vn. I had the light on turbo for about 30 seconds. It got pretty darn hot, which I would expect. At this point, I decided I should step down to let it cool for a moment. Well, it wouldn't step through the cycles. I thought "Oh crap, this is not good" so I tried to turn off the light. Ha, it would not turn off. I then unscrewed the head to separate it from the body. It did turn off at this point. After everything cooled off I decided to re-assemble it. Low and behold, it came right back up in turbo mode and will not shut down. Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to get into the UI mode and change something to get it to turn off? or is this a return to builder deal?

Sounds like it might be in mode group 1 which is just 100%. Try and change it to a different mode group like 11. Though I must say if it wouldn't shut off from a single click like it's supposed to and in order to turn off is to unscrew the head then something is wrong. One click should turn it off.

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it might be in mode group 1 which is just 100%. Try and change it to a different mode group like 11. Though I must say if it wouldn't shut off from a single click like it's supposed to and in order to turn off is to unscrew the head then something is wrong. One click should turn it off.
I don't know which mode its in. I will program it once I get it to turn off. I think I should also set the circuit temp sensor to something a bit lower, say 120° and the turbo timer to <30 seconds.

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
I don't know which mode its in. I will program it once I get it to turn off. I think I should also set the circuit temp sensor to something a bit lower, say 120° and the turbo timer to <30 seconds.
So it finally shut down after 20 minutes. I set it to made group 9. I then set the timer on turbo for approx 30 seconds. I did screw up the first time and did 8/30 and it would only come on momentarily. I don't know how I got out of this mode but somehow I did. Is this a lock out mode that I entered and how did I enter it and how did I get out of it? I hate being a rookie.:thinking:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine in the mail this morning, I am waiting for dark. XPL HI 7,650 lumens, 58K lux, 480 M throw. I chose mode 11, my favorite mode for driver VNX2.

This light has most lumens for size. This item outperforms in the power per size ratio department all others of similar size. such as the original driver Meteor M43, the MMU-X3, the SX25L3, TM06, the original Niwalker MM15, etc.

Like many other people have said: This does really feel smaller in hand for the power than anticipated. Very very nice power/size ratio. :)

Latest posts