• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag D Incan Driver - Soft Start & Multi-Brightness

DMC

Newly Enlightened
AW,
I received the two Mag D Incan Drivers today and will be trying them out tonight on a Mag1164 and Mag5761.
Very nice workmanship!:party:

Thanks,
David

Bob_G

Enlightened
Got mine a few days ago and tried it out tonight. Using it with 64610 bulb on 12S Eneloop. Using the medium posts for the Osram I found the hex screw a little awkward to get to with the wires pushed down in there but it works.

Functionally just as advertised. I never thought a low beam on an incan made sense, but I was wrong - it seems to work especially well with a powerful bulb like the 64610.

Looking forward to your regulated solution :)

nitere

Newly Enlightened
AW,

Received the soft start switches the other day. I put one in a new host and ... it is great. The soft start function is long enough to be perceived (for that "that's cool" reaction), yet short enough not to be inconvenient. The preprogrammed power levels work well with the WA1185's I am driving with 9AAs. 30% is a little yellow (by comparison) but hey you get 3X runtime. 60% makes for a good light and you still the full on setting in reserve. Great job AW.

So with that said I would like 2 more.

:paypal:

2 Mag D Incan Driver - $150.00
Shipping - $ 7.50

daBear

Enlightened
Ok, I have been away from CFP for about a year and I need to catch up. I know all about the problems with AWR who made the original hotdriver. This appears to be a refined version of that with the good service AW has always offered. By regulated what do you mean, the voltage is constant until the batteries die or what??

Also how does this regulator know what voltage bulb you put in. I have some Osram Mag 138 bulbs and some WA 1185's, but it seems to take what you put in it. Am I reading that right?? Hope so.

Thanks for bringing me up to date.

daBear

Bob_G

Enlightened
This driver isn't regulated in the sense that you can set a specific voltage (like you could with the hotdriver) but it is in the sense that it has two lower levels that are a percentage of the maximum. So you still need to match your power supply to your bulb.

There's a truly regulated version in the works.

iapyx

Enlightened
Ok, I have been away from CFP for about a year and I need to catch up. I know all about the problems with AWR who made the original hotdriver. This appears to be a refined version of that with the good service AW has always offered. By regulated what do you mean, the voltage is constant until the batteries die or what??

Also how does this regulator know what voltage bulb you put in. I have some Osram Mag 138 bulbs and some WA 1185's, but it seems to take what you put in it. Am I reading that right?? Hope so.

Thanks for bringing me up to date.

daBear

daBear, look at AW´s description at the top of this thread:
V_in = V_out

A regulated version is being worked on is my understanding....

iapyx

Last edited:

daBear

Enlightened
Got it, thank to both replies. I have several hotdrivers which work fine, so I think I will wait on the regulated version.

AW

Newly Enlightened
cbdudley,

The default length shipped with the longest posts is good for the WA1185. Depending on the type of reflector you are using, you may need to add the two tiny brass washers.

AW

Tesla-6

Newly Enlightened
Hi AW
:paypal: for one Switch & socket assembly as discussed plus postage

Thankyou.

iapyx

Enlightened
AW, package arrived today.
thanks!
This incan driver makes bulblife a lot longer...
In hours. The different levels make that I use my M@g85, M@g5761 and M@g11 a lot more now. Very nice piece of art.... :)

iapyx

Valolammas

Enlightened
Just curious, since the minimum input voltage is 6V, what happens if Vin drops below that? Does it just go out or drop into direct drive? Is there any danger of damage to the driver if this happens?

It could happen at the end of a run if I were to use this with a 6AA-to-2D adapter. I don't normally run cells that low, but if it can happen, sooner or later it will happen...

AW

Newly Enlightened
Valolammas,

If the input voltage drops below 6V, it simply won't drive the controller and the board won't suffer any damage.

AW

Valolammas

Enlightened
Thanks for the answer, that was fast! Ok, I'll take one.

Mag D Incan Driver - $75.00
Shipping - $ 6.00
----------------------------------
Total - $81.00

Paypal sent!

Latest posts