MagLite 2C colors?

bridgman

Enlightened
>>Target has more of the copper 2Ds

Aw crap, am I going to have to drive down to the US to buy a FLASHLIGHT ?

>>Nobody mentioned the silver 2c, I've found a couple of them at home depot

I'm still trying to decide if I like the silver colour or not. Initial reaction is "not". Has anyone taken a silver mag home and looked at it under normal lighting vs. HD mega-lighting ?

EDIT -- and the obvious follow-on question, has anyone put one of those Home Depot store lights into a Mag host and if so how many lumens do they put out ? :naughty:

Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the pewter color and already have a mag in pewter. I'd love to find a C sized mag in pewter but I can't find any in Washington.

Niteowl

Enlightened
carbine15 said:
I like the pewter color and already have a mag in pewter. I'd love to find a C sized mag in pewter but I can't find any in Washington.

Around here, Home Depot's had them on and off for some time. Next time I go, I'll take a look for you. That dark chrome look is pretty hot. I didn't like it at first but when I picked one up for someone else it grew on me.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've got tons of D cell pewter mags on the left coast no C's anywhere. Not even the internet or eBay.

djkt

Newly Enlightened
They are aluminum color silver not the pewter,they must have been old stock,they would not scan during checkout.

Nebula

Enlightened
Carb - did you get your Pewter? I was at my local HD last night and spotted 3 or 4 2Cs in Pewter. Happy to pick one up and ship it to you if you still have need. Kirk

carbine15 said:
Please please please pick a Pewter 2c up for me. Shoot me a PM.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I found the last one at home Depot. It has a crappy rubber boot over the switch that wasn't watertight but I fixed it. It's housing my cree updated LED module. Very nice little light.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was running some errands today and stopped by a local owned small hardware store. They had a few various Mags hanging on a hook. Of the group, it was mostly 2/3 D cells. I spotted one 2D package that looked like the light was from the late 80's, the cardboard was yellowing pretty good.

Amongst the group, I found a black 2C which I snapped right up as most places here don't carry the C sizes, usually just D/AA. I think one of the others in the group may have been a 3C in camo. I didn't pay much attention to it, so can't say for sure.
They also had about seven of the 2AAA versions all in black. I passed on those as they just look like Solitaires with a bit better runtime and larger bezel. All in all it looked like some old stock stuff there.

This is the first C version Mag I've owned and I LOVE the way it feels. Light, snappy and fits the hand just perfect.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on runtime with the 2C with a MagLED drop-in as compared to a 2D MagLED?

I know the 2D can do around 20 or so hours. Should I expect maybe 11-12 hours with the 2C?

pizzaman

Enlightened
Just a heads-up regarding PMs and having your PC "hang". The problem lies with the HTML codes for "quote" in brackets "[ ]". This is used to place the original text into "quote" format. The problem is this code seems to lock up the session in the windows browser.

If you want to reply to a PM without it hanging, you can just delete the "quote" in brackets "[ ]" from the beginning and end of the original text. Or you can just delete the entire original message. Either way, this will eliminate the PC lock up problem.

Cheers, TR

pizzaman

Enlightened
Greetings again,

Regrettably as the OP on this thread I am having to cannibalize my Mag 2C collection to fund a new addiction (photography). I will be putting a few of my Mag 2Cs up for sale, but wanted to give the "hardcore" 2C fans first crack before I post it in the "sell" forum.

I think I already have buyers for my bluish-purple, and my purple 2C, but I will also be selling Custom Camo HAIII 2C. These were made by our very own Mirage Man. Here is a link to his thread regarding these lights.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/134678&highlight=camo

My light is new in the box and has been stored in the box. It has never even had batteries in it, but it has been admired a few times. I know I'll regret selling this later, but I have to pay the piper now. If you want a pic of my light, please send me an e-mail.

I am asking $89 shipped (conus). No waiting. No shipping costs to you.

Thanks, TR

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
TR - I will take the purple per my e-mail, and I will take the 2C camo. PM or e-mail your PP information. I will send money tonight after work. Thanks. Kirk

:paypal: Thanks. Kirk

Last edited: