Maglite led upgrade

DE73

Newly Enlightened
It says the opposite on their website....

Europe EU (European Union) Countries (Please see image below for prices)

Royal Mail International Standard (EU) European Union Countries.

We offer this postage to the following European Union countries. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden

Royal Mail EU International Tracked

We offer this shipping service to all the above EU countries .
Thats old/wrong information. If you try do order they only send to three countries, UK, USA and Norway.
I emailed and received this answer:
"Sadly since Brexit it hasn't really been worthwhile shipping to EU countries due to customs charges at point of collection and increased shipping costs."

Attachments

• IMG_5789.png
    IMG_5789.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 48

yearnslow

Enlightened
Thats old/wrong information. If you try do order they only send to three countries, UK, USA and Norway.
I emailed and received this answer:
"Sadly since Brexit it hasn't really been worthwhile shipping to EU countries due to customs charges at point of collection and increased shipping costs."
How's going for you guys in Sweden anyway? Since the EU sanctioned mass influx of criminals and rapists?

yeoldoak

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a 630 Lumen Cree XHP35 LED bulb (thetorchsite) and x4 Ansmann NiMH 10,000mAh AKKU Re chargeable D batteries for my old 4cell D Maglite.
Not the brightest out there but perfect for the wall mounted emergency house light,
sits next to the fire extinguisher on the upstairs landing.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody recently received orders from Torchsite, UK ?

I'd like to check out Mag C/D smooth Al reflectors. However, when they don't answer emails, that makes me weary about placing orders

DE73

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to check out Mag C/D smooth Al reflectors. However, when they don't answer emails, that makes me weary about placing orders
I mailed them not so long ago and received a quick reply. If you look at Amazon UK they have good reviews.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have bought quite a bit from them over the years. I have one of the reflectors, think I bought it this sort of time last year.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought quite a bit from them over the years. I have one of the reflectors, think I bought it this sort of time last year.
Is the reflector made in two pieces, cam threaded to cone, or solid one piece construction?

And, is there indication made in UK or Asia?
Thx ..

I see you are located in UK.. Possibly, Torchsite has issues shipping over the pond, hence no email replies, idk

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Is the reflector made in two pieces, cam threaded to cone, or solid one piece construction?

Thx ..

I see you are located in UK.. Possibly, Torchsite has issues shipping over the pond, hence no email replies, idk
The ship to the USA but not to the 27 EU countries because brexit. That's what I asked in the mail.

Attachments

• IMG_5789.png
    IMG_5789.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 41

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ship to the USA but not to the 27 EU countries because brexit. That's what I asked in the mail.
Shipping to USA, with tracking, is expensive.
Not only shipping being cost prohibitive, they do not show my state (California) on their acceptance list..
It's a long drive to Texas to pick up parts, lol

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thx ..

It looks to be made in 2 pieces, however it looks glued/bonded together. So maybe not threaded, I've not managed to separate it, but haven't tried all that hard.

No indication on its origin. It does look like a quality item and very well made and machined.

I also have a KD OP reflector, they make a SMO one too which does unscrew if you don't need the cam section.

member 786209

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Mini Maglite AA LED upgrade from TTS on Tuesday, it arrived with me yesterday.

I am very impressed, the Mini Maglite had been sitting in a drawer for 15 years or more but the LED has made a massive difference. The beam has quite a tight hotspot with useful spill and had no problems lighting up the barn from 50 metres. I'm thinking of buying some Lithium primaries and keeping it in the car once I've stopped playing with it.