Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One Charger

planetf1

Newly Enlightened
Any thoughts on a comparison with the "Ansman Energy Plus 8" (ignoring the different form factors / supported types since I'm after home use / AA+AAA only)

I was sold on the Energy 8 until I saw this C9000 - wondering whether there's much practical difference in terms of
- ability to best recondition cells
- ability to get the most power out of a battery once charged
- best to protect cell longer term (temperature, overcharging etc).

The ansmann looks more hands off, whilst the Maha is a little more nerdy but does provide better feedback. Both seem solid brands.

typinghands

Newly Enlightened
I recently got my 9000 and a I am very pleased with the capabilities it provides. I especially like that each battery is measured and charged/discharged independently. None of this charging by 2's or even by groups of 4.

The unit seems to be built well and handles the heat issue so much better than the La Crosse 9009 does.

I give it a big 2 thumbs up!

MrAnchovy

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

New to the forum, but been using this charger for awhile with mixed results. I have been charging Sanyo 2100-2500 mAh and Energizer 2500 mAh AA cells with no issues. Also purchased some of the PowerEx brand hi cap 2700 mAh AA cells. The Wizard One charges, analyzes and cycles all of my AA sized cells with no issues. The problem I have seen is with charging AAA sized cells. I have several pairs of Sanyo 1000 mAh AAA cells and the Wizard One charger is unable to recognize any of the 8 cells I have tried. The charger will light up for a second, like it sees the battery I inserted, but the display will go blank shortly after inserting the battery. Anyone out there having similar issues? Did I get a dud? Is it my cells or the charger? Should I try another brand/capacity AAA cell?

Thanks all for reading

Dan

bbb74

Enlightened
Dan this might the wrong forum for that question. But it may be that you aren't fully inserting the AAA batteries. You need to push them in at the bottom, then slide the top down and push it down hard. Or the batteries are bad ;)

roddo

Newly Enlightened
Just got a very simple question.... after a battery has finished charging, is it safe to just pull out of the socket and insert a new one, or do you have to wait till all cells finish charging then unplug the unit then remove the batteries?

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Just got a very simple question.... after a battery has finished charging, is it safe to just pull out of the socket and insert a new one, or do you have to wait till all cells finish charging then unplug the unit then remove the batteries?

You don't need to unplug it, each slot will reset when you remove/insert a new cell.

bbb74

Enlightened

Yes you can pull a battery out when its finished. But remember that
a) The c9000 puts out a 100ma top up charge for 2 hours after DONE appears.
b) Try to charge batteries you are going to use together in a device in the same way and balance them. Ie. don't pull one out once DONE appears, then leave the other in for 2 hours after DONE. Better to make sure they have about the same capacity.

rwharold

Newly Enlightened
OK, Thanks. Best price I have seen so far without looking too hard is AUD$76 including postage on eBay.

.-.-.

The lowest price that I have found for the Maha C-9000 is at: http://www.healthhelperstore.com/4783_page_1307390.htm where the price is $44.47 plus shipping for $6.23 for a total of $50.70. There is also one on eBay for $52.77 plus FREE shipping. I hope this information helps.

rwharold

Newly Enlightened
The lowest price that I have found for the Maha C-9000 is at: http://www.healthhelperstore.com/4783_page_1307390.htm where the price is $44.47 plus shipping for $6.23 for a total of $50.70. There is also one on eBay for $52.77 plus FREE shipping. I hope this information helps.

The Health Helper Store price has gone up to over $48 + over $11 shipping charge bringing the total price to over $60!!! Now the best price is on eBay at $52.77 + free shipping. Amazon.com also has two sources selling them for $53.97 + free shipping. Hope this helps.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
The discussion here mostly focuses on functionality. I wished someone here with electronic know how would open both a LaCrosse and Maha and compare the inner circuitry and see which one is better built.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
The discussion here mostly focuses on functionality. I wished someone here with electronic know how would open both a LaCrosse and Maha and compare the inner circuitry and see which one is better built.

There are many threads on the subject of the Maha vs LaCrosse. Just try a SEARCH.

P.S. :welcome: