Mako 1xAAA: the most important flashlight i've ever owned

Hiisi

Newly Enlightened
New run for Mako! I need more floody lights. Life was much easier before i knew that there was 60º Mako.

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened
Paranoia is getting the better of me :eek:

I keep worrying that maybe Enrique already opened a thread somewhere else announcing a new light and I didn't discover it in time...He mentioned this might not be an appropriate venue to express interest...I just hope wherever he does decide to announce a new run is easy to find because I don't want to pass it up! :grin2:

Last edited:

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recently sent enrique an email saying this thread is still alive and well. and that folks are definitely interested in a new run. let's hope he can make it happen.

nbp

Flashaholic
I really like my new Aeon, I'd be interested in a reasonably priced Mako. What were the output levels on the last one? A floody beam, and outputs of maybe 2 and 30 lm or something like that would be killer. Ti is always awesome, but even a hardcoat would be fine, especially if that would keep it in the <$150 range.

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Coyote. I will definately sleep better knowing that members like you are keeping an eye out for us!
Best regards to Enrique, too!

nbp

Flashaholic
I really like my new Aeon, I'd be interested in a reasonably priced Mako. What were the output levels on the last one? A floody beam, and outputs of maybe 2 and 30 lm or something like that would be killer. Ti is always awesome, but even a hardcoat would be fine, especially if that would keep it in the <$150 range.

After I posted this I remembered this is a 5mm light and 30 lm is impossible. :stupid: What is the highest output 5mm led available these days? Has anyone hit 20 lm? That would actually be plenty for most of my applications: a 2 lm/20 lm light would be really handy. The highest output emitter I'm aware of is still the Nichia GS, which is like 12 lm. Just a little more... :poke:

I'm still curious about outputs on the two levels of the other ones though. Current draws don't mean much to me. :shrug:

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recently sent enrique an email saying this thread is still alive and well. and that folks are definitely interested in a new run. let's hope he can make it happen.

Excellent! Bring on the run.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
TTT! I refuse to let this die! Does anyone have a good couple pics of the flamed ones?

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
some of my mako pixs:

Pocket-Survival-Kit-b.jpg

Pocket-Survival-Kit-a-1.jpg

Mako-AAA-Titanium.jpg

1xAAA-compared.jpg

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome setup!

So there will be more of these, or he's happy with the original 13?

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks guys, for the nice comments.

and yes, my fingers are crossed too. from my past conversations with Enrique, he's a very busy guy and just hasn't had the time to get on this. hopefully he'll eventually be able to produce another run of Mako Floods, but until then, we'll have to keep checking in here and posting our desires so he knows we haven't forgotten...

scout24: to answer your query, i made that kit up. in fact, i started a thread about my various pocket kits HERE over at EDCF, if you're interested in reading more about them and how they're made. enjoy...

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
lets not push the issue. best to leave that to Enrique to do if/when he decides to make a new run. he said to me in an email a few weeks ago:

"If people are enthusiastic and I've got the time, I'll look into seeing what it would take to do another run and post an interest thread for it."

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
truly my pleasure scout24. glad i could help.

and i thank you once again for my mako flood, which started the whole thread :D

Last edited: