Mako AA Flood - Would you want one?

bansuri

Enlightened
Is this in any way starting to turn in to a preorder thread? That is, will "I'll take one" in this thread carry over to a thread that I assume will show up in the Dealer's Corner?
If it's still true to the OP title, would you want one, then yes I would.
Can't commit fully until I see final specs.

nbp

Flashaholic
It's nothing official. I believe people are just stating their definite interest in case that is a deciding factor in whether or not it gets produced at some point.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking about this, I think given the newest LED, time is ripe to have high end 1xAA....hmmmm....maybe I will start my own business continuous production.....there is a ran here and one over there after like one year or more, that is not enough. Not sure why Arc is stubborn in not producing 1xAA, I think a lot of people will buy one. The newest Nichia are the proof to it. I think SF is sleeping.....1xAA is really coming strong and AA battery technology has gotten better. (i tried Peak 1xAA is just something about them did not click with me, i sold all of them)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as a point of reference (the Orca could be more or less), anyone tell me the price of the original Mako?

Thinking about this, I think given the newest LED, time is ripe to have high end 1xAA....hmmmm....maybe I will start my own business continuous production.....there is a ran here and one over there after like one year or more, that is not enough. Not sure why Arc is stubborn in not producing 1xAA, I think a lot of people will buy one. The newest Nichia are the proof to it. I think SF is sleeping.....1xAA is really coming strong and AA battery technology has gotten better. (i tried Peak 1xAA is just something about them did not click with me, i sold all of them)

(ot) What was it specifically that didn't work? For me it's the mandatory QTC, since Peak quit making single modes. Or else I'd have a brass pocket body logan in a 6 or 8 flood. Unfortunately some of the DX lights are getting closer to my requirements than any of the quality makers lately. Really hope something like this Orca happens.

nbp

Flashaholic
The recent run of Makos were $150. I would expect the Orca to be a bit more due to more material and machining on a slightly larger light.

Well worth it though, my Mako has been in my pocket every day since it arrived, as a backup light, and a low level floody nav light. Tiny, classy, efficient, tough. It's good stuff. :)

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
First thing was excesive shipping cost from the dealer and second arrogance of Curtis at Peak i believe is his name. I would say their product is ok, and just that not more. The lights are too long. When i complained about tint neither dealer or Peak did anything about it. The knurkling is way too smooth. The threads are not that great even after lube hard to turn. They just dont give me the confidence SF does.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
First thing was excesive shipping cost from the dealer and second arrogance of Curtis at Peak i believe is his name. I would say their product is ok, and just that not more. The lights are too long. When i complained about tint neither dealer or Peak did anything about it. The knurkling is way too smooth. The threads are not that great even after lube hard to turn. They just dont give me the confidence SF does.
Are we on the same page here? This is the Mako AA thread and manufactured by Enrique at Muyshondt. This is not Peak.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^assuming it's illegal to link here?

Surely this one's being monitored as well.