• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff Devices RED, AMBER, or GREEN M61 LL Dropin Group Buy!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
M31 voltage is 1.5-3V. Not 3.7. Above 3V you will blow the dropin.

M61 means single lithium ion compatibility with great runtimes, and you can still run them off 1x CR123 for decent runtimes and outputs in a pinch. 3-9V is a huge compatible voltage range, can be anything from a single CR123 light to a 2-cell 18650.

Plus, that is what everyone asked for, if everyone in the Sounding Board wanted the 31 we'd have gone with it. I suppose it's not ruled out, but I know the interest would be significantly lower.

did not know that 1) the 31 would not survive 3.7v and 2) the 61 can run off a 3v. now it makes sense, thank you.

so the 31 would not run off a single 1.2v?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
did not know that 1) the 31 would not survive 3.7v and 2) the 61 can run off a 3v. now it makes sense, thank you.

so the 31 would not run off a single 1.2v?

"The input voltage is 0.8 to 3 volts. It requires 2v for full output. The output is approximately 200 measured out the front lumens at 2-3v. The current draw is 650ma at 3 volts and 850ma at 2.4 volts. It is ideal for use with one CR123 primary, two 1.5v AA Alkalines, two 1.5v AA lithiums, or two rechargeable AA NIMH batteries."

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The input voltage is 0.8 to 3 volts. It requires 2v for full output. The output is approximately 200 measured out the front lumens at 2-3v. The current draw is 650ma at 3 volts and 850ma at 2.4 volts. It is ideal for use with one CR123 primary, two 1.5v AA Alkalines, two 1.5v AA lithiums, or two rechargeable AA NIMH batteries."

that is a great piece of info, thank you!

was wondering what would be my best use of new lumens factory p60 head for e-series, looks like I need a 31

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened
An Amber M61 specd like HDS's would be really nice (I'm interested in what y'all decide for Hyper red too, I'll be listening and decide later).

Had a screen grab from when HDS was selling Amber (595nm)

50513024961_714d4dfd80_z.jpg

For comparison: Surefire's Aviator Amber is 590nm

50186887336_1b4dd9dbc0_c.jpg

Personally, the HDS amber looks better than Surefire's when compared side to side.

Last edited:

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened
Red 660nm (Hyper Red?) for me
Amber 595nm as well.

Hey Dot,
Do we take a poll later on what strength everyone is sorta shootin' for?

e.g.
Red 660nm - Regular
Red 660nm - L
Red 660nm - LL
Red 660nm - LLL
Red 660nm - LLLL

Amber 595nm - Regular
Amber 595nm - L
etc…

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for regular. Lo switch will take care of the low lumens i might be needed. But if i'll be in situation i need full blast, it won't possible with L, LL...

Sent from Tapatalk

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, might take a little inspo from HOGO here..... Everyone should be prepared on some level individually to not get exactly what you want. That being said, I hope to do everything possible to mitigate this from happening to many at worst and to anyone at best. We will do a poll, maybe more than one, but that will come when we have a little more thoughts and interest levels on the whole and we figure out what to actually ask. I also have not read through everything yet, though there seem to be some choices that appear likely already.

There are not going to be quick decisions here. I doubt we will have much nailed down beyond the wavelengths of red and amber for the next week. Let's continue to pull together our thoughts and hope more quickly accumulate from new possible participants. Logistics won't come till much later.

TL;DR, let's treat this like a "[color] LED general discussion" for now, and not worry about the logistical-group-buy part just yet.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for regular. Lo switch will take care of the low lumens i might be needed. But if i'll be in situation i need full blast, it won't possible with L, LL...

Sent from Tapatalk

Valuable point.

Follow up question would be for you and anyone like-minded: What is full power? Do we just want to match current draw for the M61? Are there ranges/ candela goals that we should be trying to meet? If say, something closer to "L" draw only resulted in 50 lumens/ 20%~~ lost, is that a worthy compromise?

I will have to ask Gene what he thinks about different currents on REDs and where efficiency/ lumens max out. I will also reach out to a few other wizards with this question.