• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff Devices RED, AMBER, or GREEN M61 LL Dropin Group Buy!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are here!

I am happy to report that everyone should be well and pleased with these dropins.

The V2:
- 2x 17500s (3.65V ea) in Surefure C3- 32lm

-1x 18650 (4.2V) in MD2- 22lm/ 1lm on low

The V1
-2x 17500 (3.65V ea) in SF C3- 82lm
-1x 18650 (4.2V) in MD2- 63lm/ 1lm on low

I would say apparent brightness is about 25% greater. 45lm from an SST-20 is equivalent to the V2 in a C3

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think both of these line up very well as a "L" and "LLL" almost exactly. The V1 is very visible during cloudy daylight and even onto a black warehouse roof about 30' away. Definitely painful to look into. I still have a slight spot about an hour later after looking into it. The labels will start being made tonight, I'll probably unload round one to my local USPS this Saturday. I'll try to now wrap up that raffle prize thing tonight!

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you. lets see a picture.

ok, so on the V1 would there be a need for the H/L ring switch as I have one ?

is this v1 a single mode or press again for that 1 Lumen?
so maybe no need to turn the head?.

forgive me for anything, I have had a few beers.
thanks Dot.

thanks.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both dropins work great with the H/L ring. I will have to try to take some current measurements tonight/ tomorrow with my samples. For anything about 50lm, I tend to like to have a H/L ring aside from very specific use lights- which this may fall into for me. I was thinking about the "perfect setup" and I would find that the V1 in a C3 on 2x17500 or 3xCR123 and then the V2 in an MD2 H/L on an 18650 would be the perfect red setup.

The V1 very much reminds me of just throwing a red lens over an old P61 or P90, with a bit more flood and seemingly more output.

Quick IMGR gallery linked here first pic being of the black wall and dark grey floor, and a white reflector. Second image shows how the hotspot on the white reflector is almost completely blown out. Third image shows how well the entire hotspot shows on a flat, matte black wall.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm slightly confused, both dropins provide the same low, as the resistor is the same for all "low" modes on the H/L ring. This is partly why I see this as a good "LLL" because the 4L doesn't work well with the Low ring in all combos, the current draw from each seems reliable from V1 to V2 R on "low."

So in short, both dropins have the same low of 1 lumen using the H/L ring set to low. Does that answer your question?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am REALLY happy with how these turned out. That 1 lm mode BTW appears to be much brighter than 1 lm, that's just all my TexasAce Lumentube could read. It feels closer to 5 or even 10 lm. I will have to do a better comparison tonight when I have both on hand in MDxs. I forgot the V2 at home :p

ALSO the LED looks really sweet in the McLeash reflector. Honestly looks jewel-like.