• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT90vn+ = Farthest Reflector Thrower ...COMING SOON...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't duct tape leave a bit of sticky residue on the surface? I think painters masking tape would be a better choice. They sell them in 3" wide rolls. Just a suggestion. :)

Started out with painters but they are not strong enough for my vise or this lights heavyweight. Duct tape is much more heavy duty and is better for the task. Duct tape will leave residue if left on for a long time but it wont be on that long since I am shipping these as soon as I am done with them.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh. I see. Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were just wrapping it up to protect it from the odd and random bump or hit but you're actually working on it.

Started out with painters but they are not strong enough for my vise or this lights heavyweight. Duct tape is much more heavy duty and is better for the task. Duct tape will leave residue if left on for a long time but it wont be on that long since I am shipping these as soon as I am done with them.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
De-Lens and beam fine tune come to mind. As well as what Vinhs' measured specs are. I wanna three-way compare Vinh version versus stock version versus K75vn. One down, two to go.

Update: Two down, one to go. I got my stock MF05 today, and now I need to decide if I want to buy the Mateminco from Vinh, or send Vinh mine to be modded. I have never sent a light to Vinh to be modded, all 32 of my Vn lights are his.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Update: Two down, one to go. I got my stock MF05 today, and now I need to decide if I want to buy the Mateminco from Vinh, or send Vinh mine to be modded. I have never sent a light to Vinh to be modded, all 32 of my Vn lights are his.

Save ur money if you dont need Turbo long. This is more or less a show off light so you likely wont need the long Turbo runtime. :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Save ur money if you dont need Turbo long. This is more or less a show off light so you likely wont need the long Turbo runtime. :)

Thanks, Vinh. I do appreciate your take on this.

I have a few first impressions, out of the box: Protective plastic film covering lens: No markings on it, remove it via tiny little tab at the edge.
Fan handle battery and switch, no instructions: Battery polarity is not indicated, but positive in first, with negative at the end cap works. Fan switch: Triple click for On. Single click and double click yields no response. Off happens with one click>hold. Four clicks to lock/unlock the fan operation. I have some other first impressions, all of them are glowing positive, but since mine is stock MF05, unmodded yet, I have posted them elsewhere.

-------
Normal people walk around with big dogs. They look normal. I walk around with big flashlights. My flashlights have bitten less people then Teds' dog.

Time yet for a decked out purple hypershift cerakote, aggressive crimson red cerakote, or glossy white cerakote to make it appear bigger than it already is?

Hehe... Someone please order in cerakote for our eyes to feast on!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time yet for a decked out purple hypershift cerakote, aggressive crimson red cerakote, or glossy white cerakote to make it appear bigger than it already is?

Hehe... Someone please order in cerakote for our eyes to feast on!

vinh might need to make another pricing/size tier for the cerakote services. This light would probably coast $175 -$200 to cerakote but i think it would look really sick.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Vinh,

Has anyone ordered the Mateminco MT90vn+ in Raw Silver Aluminum?

You mentioned that as an option.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Monster has arrived. Here i will compare it to my K75VN, My Firefox FF5 and my MaxToch L2k LEP.

My Lux Readings
MT90VN+ Spec C 3.3MCD
Maxtoch L2k LEP 2.089MCD
K75VN 1.78MCD
Fire Fox FF5 1.2MCD

20200828_021214 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20200828_021339 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20200828_021358 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

10M Lux test on MT90VN+
20200827_210115 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ VS K75VN
20200828_015737 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ VS K75VN
20200828_015813 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ vs L2K LEP
20200828_015931 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ vs L2K LEP
20200828_015920 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ VS FireFox FF5
20200828_020149 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ VS FireFox FF5
20200828_020138 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

MT90VN
20200828_003821 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
K75VN
20200828_003803 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

MT90VN
20200828_004117 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
K75VN
20200828_004102 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

MT90VN+ Straight up
20200828_014614 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
MT90VN+ Straight up
20200828_014724 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

MT90VN top left K75VN bottom and Maxtoch L2K LEP top right
20200827_222231 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what is a practical need for a thrower this big?

imho the hotspot is too concentrated for a searchlight and the light seems to be too heavy to hand hold steady enough to carefully observe targets that far.

star_c_star

Enlightened
My Mateminco MT90vn Plus arrived yesterday.

After assembling it, my first impression was of disbelief since it is so big and heavy! It must be twice the size and weight of the BLF GTvn90's I have. The depth of the reflector and flashlight head is also much greater. Luckily, the fan handle is placed perfectly, since picking up the flashlight with the handle makes it seem lighter and perfectly balanced.

I doubt there will be a production flashlight bigger than this, since the MT90 Plus already weighs so much. Any flashlight bigger than this would have to be made of magnesium instead of aluminum to make the weight bearable, and that would make the cost higher.

After charging the 8 Sony VTC5D batteries, I was measuring around 3.2 Million Candela consistently. Vinh's specs measurement was 2.89 Million Candela, but he is usually slightly conservative.

All in all, this is just an incredible flashlight!

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Mateminco MT90vn Plus arrived yesterday.

After assembling it, my first impression was of disbelief since it is so big and heavy! It must be twice the size and weight of the BLF GTvn90's I have. The depth of the reflector and flashlight head is also much greater. Luckily, the fan handle is placed perfectly, since picking up the flashlight with the handle makes it seem lighter and perfectly balanced.

I doubt there will be a production flashlight bigger than this, since the MT90 Plus already weighs so much. Any flashlight bigger than this would have to be made of magnesium instead of aluminum to make the weight bearable, and that would make the cost higher.

After charging the 8 Sony VTC5D batteries, I was measuring around 3.2 Million Candela consistently. Vinh's specs measurement was 2.89 Million Candela, but he is usually slightly conservative.

All in all, this is just an incredible flashlight!

Nice we got similar Throw readings. Its interesting you say the fan handle is perfectly balanced. This imo is the most unbalanced light handle iv ever used. The head is so front heavy i cant hold it with the handle for more then 45 seconds. It takes a considerable amount of effort to keep the light level not letting the head fall. after 30 seconds my wrist is in pain. Im also not the strongest person in the world but unless you have popeye arms and wrists of steal the handle is useless. It can kinda work with the shoulder strap but i just dont use the handle and just rock the strap. much more balanced and the heat management on this light is unbelievable. Took like 10 minutes of intermittent turbo to even feel some warmth.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Nice we got similar Throw readings. Its interesting you say the fan handle is perfectly balanced. This imo is the most unbalanced light handle iv ever used. The head is so front heavy i cant hold it with the handle for more then 45 seconds. It takes a considerable amount of effort to keep the light level not letting the head fall. after 30 seconds my wrist is in pain. Im also not the strongest person in the world but unless you have popeye arms and wrists of steal the handle is useless. It can kinda work with the shoulder strap but i just dont use the handle and just rock the strap. much more balanced and the heat management on this light is unbelievable. Took like 10 minutes of intermittent turbo to even feel some warmth.

The light is definitely front heavy, to put it mildly.

However, when I use the handle and hold it as close to the front of the light as possible, it seems to balance pretty well. But I still use the shoulder strap as well as the handle.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Its funny when I take the photos from King Street Station both me and Phuong was holding it since I have to manage the camera too. Freaking beast!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I wonder what is a practical need for a thrower this big? There are plenty of practical applications for sure. However the truth is those that actually have one are simply just flashlight enthusiasts who aren't employing them as tools.

imho the hotspot is too concentrated for a searchlight You haven't seen my beam shots then. At 420m the hot spot was larger than the top of Seattle's Smith Tower. At 775m the entire top of the 76 story Columbia sky scraper is lit. At 900m 2/3 of a 15 story krane is lit. at 1300m the entire Seattle Ferris wheel is lit. At 1620m 1/2 of a ~50 story apartment building is lit. So yeah I think the hot spot open up rather large at distances that this light is intended for. If you are using this light at 100m or less the beam is no less practical than the much smaller K75vn or K65vn where the hot spot is only slighter larger.

and the light seems to be too heavy to hand hold YUP! Its heavy! Too heavy to carry on miles of search and rescue treking.

steady enough to carefully observe targets that far. I cant say I agree but this is subjective.

Last edited: