• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Maus Mk. I

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

The Maus Aluminum pre-order page went live today:
http://bit.ly/mausalu

7075-T6 aluminum (strength of steel, light weight of aluminum), Type III hardcoat anodizing, 1/60 two-stage output, and an ultra clear lens with 99% light transmission. :) Use code PRE10 at checkout for a pre-order discount on the aluminum ones, PRE20 for the rest.

Pre-order discounts will expire on July 8th for all models.

Questions? Post here, or e-mail [email protected]. All e-mails will be answered after the 28th.

Thanks!

Enrique

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing where we are today. So many lumens in such a small package.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick update: Machining & assembly on all the Mausen have been completed - the packaging has also finished, and all lights are now being packed. They'll be on their way to me in the next week or two.

The pre-order discounts remain valid through July 8th at www.muyshondt.net (PRE20 for Titanium and Copper, PRE10 for Aluminum). At the end of the run I will also have a small handful of Mokume Opus lights available (less than 10).

More soon!

Enrique

ice_man

Newly Enlightened
A quick update: Machining & assembly on all the Mausen have been completed - the packaging has also finished, and all lights are now being packed. They'll be on their way to me in the next week or two.

The pre-order discounts remain valid through July 8th at www.muyshondt.net (PRE20 for Titanium and Copper, PRE10 for Aluminum). At the end of the run I will also have a small handful of Mokume Opus lights available (less than 10).

More soon!

Enrique

Thank you for the update Mr. Muyshondt. Will there be a bead blasted version of the Maus coming out? :)

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
ice_man: Right now only what's on the site is available. There may or may not be other versions in the future - you'll have to wait and see!

A short reminder for anyone who has been looking to get one of these - the pre-order period ends Friday. Use code PRE10 for aluminum, and PRE20 for copper/titanium at checkout at http://shop.muyshondt.net/

The Mausen are done being made, and are presently being packed. A few weeks ago I tested both the Aeon and Maus in the Dead Sea - the saltiest body of water on Earth - and while the Aeon came through perfectly, and the Maus nearly perfectly, the key ring on the Maus did rust some. This required a last-minute production change, and though the cases at that point already had keyrings installed, I ordered new split rings with a different grade of steel, and the torches will now come with a higher grade spare that you can swap out the old one with should you wish to.

Not too much longer now. :) If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]. Thanks!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick note: The Maus Mk. I project is wrapping up and the lights will ship out late this week to me. I expect them to start shipping out to all of you on the week of the 25th.

Some more art deco to share:
IL7Envll.jpg

More news soon!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: I wanted a good named for a small light, so "Mouse" was something along those lines that I felt fitting. Muyshondt (Belgian) = Muys Hondt = Maus Hund = Mouse Dog. Hence, Maus. :)

I'd actually never heard of the Maus series JWR linked until a few weeks ago when someone asked me the same thing; it's unrelated.

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: The Maus comic book is supposed to be pretty highly acclaimed from what I'm told. I haven't read it yet, but plan to.

JWR: I work with an artist. We bang around ideas and occasionally bad sketches of mine, and he translates that into good artwork. My favorite style of art is art deco and streamline moderne, and I work to come up with good visual metaphors to be used on these posters. I really enjoy it; it helps encapsulate a unique style for each light and I wish I had the opportunity to do it more often.

Tangent to this, I think everyone will be pretty pleasantly surprised when they receive their lights in a few weeks, too, due to some heavy attention given to another part of the overall design, but I'll leave that as a surprise for delivery day rather than spoiling it in advance. I'm really looking forward to everyone receiving their lights, though, and recommend you start picking up some N-cells in advance of it's arrival. :)

Enrique

Enrique

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The 'Maus' 2-book set is an _outstanding_ read if anybody is interested - I can't recommend it highly enough.

Love the art-deco Maus Mk.I art BTW. :)

Blue_Steel

Newly Enlightened
Like ice_man above, I very much enjoy my bead blasted titanium Aeon Mk III and would certainly sign up for a similar finish of the titanium Maus Mk I.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The Maus lights arrive to me tomorrow, with the certificates excepted to arrive here early next week. With any luck, you all should start receiving your lights late next week and the following one. :)

If anyone is interested in picking one up and getting it shipped out with the initial batch, feel free to place an order at www.muyshondt.net and it will go out next week!

Enrique

Southernlight

Enlightened
This is also a Tank from World of Tanks know as the Maus. This is a Tier X German heavy.
Thickest Armour in the game. A behemoth.

maxresdefault.jpg