Maxpedition Single Sheath has a protective bonus for flashlights

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there. Just letting you know about a nice side-benefit of the Single Sheath by Maxpedition when you use it to carry a flashlight. My normal 5 Inch Flashlight Sheath from them has a square bottom which has a tendency to accidentally activate my light when sitting down in chairs with arms on. Then my battery drains and I am clueless it happened. Since this Single Sheath has a tapered bottom, the edge of the tail cap snugly protrudes into the material but the tapered part does not allow easy access to the button. Imagine an over-sized ice creme cone and then drop a can of coke in the top of it and press down, imagine how hard it would be to press into the bottom of the can where the point at the bottom of the cone is, since the can is pressing down on all sides. It is that kind of thing.

The one thing is, while you can resize it up to a point by making the flap longer or shorter, you cannot fit large flashlights in it. The Fenix PD36R, PD35 TAC fit great but my Fenix TK20R is far too tall. Just be aware of this, however it truly is a very well built sheath and is a worthy option if you have one of the average sized 18650/21700 lights that are not too tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6QEyaKsfg

Latest posts