MBI #4 - Get Ready to meet Zeus™

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nicely done! Love the transition from square to round in the battery tube, should make for very positive grip. The HAIII black aluminum for me, thank you very much! I think it shows off the trits just gorgeously! Ultimately, I'll have to make the tough choice between Titanium (everyone knows my favorite) or copper ( for the sheer efficiency of it) but Lord Have Mercy on My Married Soul when the wife finds out I want em all! :) Carbon fiber, tungsten, SS, Ti, Cu, Al, Si, Au...uh, hold up, the Au might have to be left off the list. :p I DO wish to stay married, after all ;)

Any idea on the price ball park yet? Give us a an idea so we can start saving our pocket change. (just checked, pocket has a hole! No change! :faint: ) Seriously though, Definitily want the Black Al version, number 9, 22, or whatever. I know I know, nobody ever mentioned anything about selective numbering! I was just trying my hand at magic to see if luck of the draw might fulfill a wish or two. The magic number I want the most is....drumroll please.....the one you put in the box with my name on it!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy! Winnerr! Woooohoooo! :) (This lil hobby of mine is gonna be the death of me yet!)

Needs bigger trits though. I really loves me some nice big trits on a sexy black thang with nice curves and a flat belly and red hair! What? It's got a copper pill, copper's red ain't it! Geesh!

Is there a mathematical forumula for deciphering the reconfiguration of wealth as regards to total population of proton emitting devices that can be allowed to any one individual? I'd like to know the chalk on that, if there is, and double it. :)

Thanks Guy, sheer Genius! :paypal: I , uh, am, well, ah, Just Practicing! :)

Dale

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the right idea Mark, figure out first what you're willing to pay then either feel fantastic that it falls under that mark (no pun) or already have excuses for bumping it up a bit! ;)

GIR

Newly Enlightened
Yep. Have to have this one. Can I have #42 please? :D

- GIR -

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in, copper is cool!
Ti is like apple pie!
SS is sweet!
Gold is good!... Wait, how much does that cost?
Platinum is pretty!
Aluminum is alright.

Sure we can't have at least 3 modes?
If not about how low will she go?

Last edited:

NowIC

Enlightened
Man, 26 posts already?! I didn't even read them all yet so I could post sooner ;) Count me in please :)

sticktodrum

Enlightened
This blew up fast. I supposed that's good. :)

I'll take two! Just take my money! It's the stuff that dreams are made off.

Gotta say, I love me a good AA light Guy, and this has me wicked stoked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

fatbrad

Newly Enlightened
AA is my favorite form. I want this for my first single AA. When do we get to order?

Devildude

Enlightened
I am in for an Al version. I have been meaning to pick up an MBI for some time and this looks like a good starting point.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Gosh!! Thanks for all the posts.

I'm going to reply 5 at a time (which is the cpf auto-limit).....

Here goes :D

I think it looks great, an elegant yet utilitarian light.
The pocket clip looks like it will give as deep a pocket carry as is realistically possible which is always nice.
Just having two modes is in my opinion the best option for a clicky.
Having the solid switch cover (if not too thin) gives the option for some fancy modders to make tritium slotted versions.
The switch must have to cope with quite a bit of current, is it an off-the-shelf part or a custom unit? Either way people will want to get hold of a small switch like that.
Hi Tofty,

Thanks so much for the feedback.
You mean of course the pocket clip holes :D still working on the clip ;)

I've messed with my fair share of UI's and when I need something reliable in a solid format, its never going to be more than 2 modes if its a clicky (but that's just me of course). I tend to watch the way my wife selects a flashlight from amongst the mountain on the shelf and I notice she's amused by things with funky modes and what not but when she wants to get something done, its never mode than a 2 mode light.

I think its to do with the yin yang, zen and mother nature...
On/Off, Night/Day, High/Low

The switch cover....you'll have to wait to see the close up, but let's assume that it will be mod friendly ;)
I should mention that going with a metal switch cover, cost a few mm in length but the advantage is IMHO very worth it.

The click switch, semi-custom from a manufacturing partner though we still need to test what happens with ridiculous power surges but certainly handles the standard range of XML2 power specs without breaking a sweat.

I like it. 1xAA is my favorite format. I assume those double holes are for a pocket clip?
[edit] I reread the first post: heavy duty pocket clip with 2 screws :thumbsup:
Hi schizeckinosy,

Thanks. You got it, that's what the double holes are for :)
Still working on the clip and not sure if it will be ready for the first batch of 24 but certainly the next and as an accessory after that if you need extra's.

I reread the OP and decided this could finally be the single AA torch I've been looking for!

So many lights got close, but they don't have a pocket clip which is a must. Others have come even closer, but fail to give a nice tint. The forward clicky plus tail standing is also at the top of my list.

It may not be as floody as I want, but will have to wait and see.

Above all, this thing is dead sexy! Trying to decide how much $$ this will be worth to me. Super excited!!!

Thanks markr6,

clip, fwd clicky, tailstanding, sexy...
Got you covered :D

Very nicely done! Love the transition from square to round in the battery tube, should make for very positive grip. The HAIII black aluminum for me, thank you very much! I think it shows off the trits just gorgeously! Ultimately, I'll have to make the tough choice between Titanium (everyone knows my favorite) or copper ( for the sheer efficiency of it) but Lord Have Mercy on My Married Soul when the wife finds out I want em all! :) Carbon fiber, tungsten, SS, Ti, Cu, Al, Si, Au...uh, hold up, the Au might have to be left off the list. :p I DO wish to stay married, after all ;)

Any idea on the price ball park yet? Give us a an idea so we can start saving our pocket change. (just checked, pocket has a hole! No change! :faint: ) Seriously though, Definitily want the Black Al version, number 9, 22, or whatever. I know I know, nobody ever mentioned anything about selective numbering! I was just trying my hand at magic to see if luck of the draw might fulfill a wish or two. The magic number I want the most is....drumroll please.....the one you put in the box with my name on it!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy! Winnerr! Woooohoooo! :) (This lil hobby of mine is gonna be the death of me yet!)

Needs bigger trits though. I really loves me some nice big trits on a sexy black thang with nice curves and a flat belly and red hair! What? It's got a copper pill, copper's red ain't it! Geesh!

Is there a mathematical forumula for deciphering the reconfiguration of wealth as regards to total population of proton emitting devices that can be allowed to any one individual? I'd like to know the chalk on that, if there is, and double it. :)

Thanks Guy, sheer Genius! :paypal: I , uh, am, well, ah, Just Practicing! :)

Dale
Thanks Dale,

No firm idea of price yet as that's always the last thing in my mind when I design something.
I just like to aim for best, and then let the rest work itself out.

I'm still waiting on final costs for the circuity, etc..
but a very rough guess for AL/SS would be $130-$160 (+optional trits pre-installed).
There are still a few things to work out on the cost side and some things not yet factored in and of course depends on the final "what's in the box" and what could be an "option" but as long as everything falls into place the way I'm planning it,
Zeus™, could well be the last AA flashlight you ever need/buy.

Yep. Have to have this one. Can I have #42 please? :D

- GIR -

Thanks so much GIR :D
#42, Can't promise but always happy to do my best!

more replies to follow after this short coffee break :twothumbs

stevenkelby

Enlightened
Thanks Guy, the approx. price range is fine with me :)

Will the 2 output levels be programmable at all, or pre set for us?

Thanks,

Steve.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in, copper is cool!
Ti is like apple pie!
SS is sweet!
Gold is good!... Wait, how much does that cost?
Platinum is pretty!
Aluminum is alright.

Sure we can't have at least 3 modes?
If not about how low will she go?

If you wait for the 2nd version, doable!
I'll also offer the drop-in's as standalone options, with different emitter tints and then additional modes.

I really like this, how much is it for the Al?
Hi dealgrabber2002,
Thanks for the post,
Please see my post just above this one for that answer ;)

:wave:Count me in! Al please!

AA is my favorite format for EDC!
Thanks clg0159 :)

Man, 26 posts already?! I didn't even read them all yet so I could post sooner ;) Count me in please :)
LOL, thanks NowIC :D

This blew up fast. I supposed that's good. :)

I'll take two! Just take my money! It's the stuff that dreams are made off.

Gotta say, I love me a good AA light Guy, and this has me wicked stoked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks sticktodrum,

I know its still a little early but you will love this.

A light that comes STOCK with trits installed is an automatic buy for me!
Thanks very much ThirstyTurtle,

Just to avoid confusion, trits will be optional, but available as a pre-installed option.

X2

:D

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA is my favorite form. I want this for my first single AA. When do we get to order?
Thanks fatbrad,

No fixed timeline yet but working hard towards a Dec 1st shipping timeline.

I am in for an Al version. I have been meaning to pick up an MBI for some time and this looks like a good starting point.
Hi Devildude,

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

Thanks Guy, the approx. price range is fine with me :)

Will the 2 output levels be programmable at all, or pre set for us?

Thanks,

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

Version 1, will have fixed settings on the output levels.
Version 2, working towards even greater flexibility but I'll offer a standalone drop-in when the time comes for easy upgrades and emitter choices.

Tgwnn