• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McE2S for C/M bodies - prototype evaluated !!!

genuinedraft

Newly Enlightened
Need some advice on which resistor setting to order for a two stage switch for a SF KL3 running on both a single 17670 and two 17670's. I would like the lower setting to be used for lighting my way when walking the dog or lighting up the inside of the tent on a camping trip. Enough light to see and navigate close up but not bright enough that it totally destroys my night vision. Any recommendations?

wquiles

Flashaholic
The problem is that the "right" value with one 17670 cell might give you too much light with two 17670 cells, so I would recommend to start with 30 ohms. For a few bucks you can always buy additional resistor boards which you can change yourself, so if the 30 ohms is too bright or not bright enough, you can pick a different resistor value (larger resistor value will make it dimmer).

Will

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this require additional steps to install into a G2? It seems a couple of posts mentioned extra steps but weren't clear. IIRC Illuminated made a whole new button top for his.

Also are these going the way of the Dodo and Aleph? I just got my first light together with one in a SW01 and it works well. I'm hoping I'm not in a time rush to pick up another one.

-LT

wquiles

Flashaholic
I though Don stated that the G2's were different and that it would not work without some custom parts? I do have a G2 at home but I have not tried getting the switch out and dissasembling it. Maybe when I get home from my current business trip ...

Will

cy

Flashaholic
bump for some nice info...

my L6 really need two stages.. thanks,

edit: arggghhh the shoppe is out of stock...

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man. I did hear they were going to stop making them :( I don't know why they would though. Maybe someone will sell you theirs....

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FLAT kit uses a flat boot. See this link: http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_56_58&products_id=569

The regular kit uses the domed boot that you see in the picures. http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_56_58&products_id=407

Use the "2 stage DIY kit".

Important to order the right value resistor for the convertor used.

PhotonAddict said:
Thought I'd revive this thread rather than start a new one with my question.... I noticed that the Shoppe has 2 type of McE2S switches - a "2 stage DIY kit" and a "2 stage FLAT DIY kit". http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/index.php?cPath=48_56_58&page=2

Does anyone know the difference between the two and can either one be used for this mod?

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened
just ordered an assembled MCC2s for my C2, only waiting for shipped, but when i tried to pull out the core from existing tail cap, seems dosnt work even with force...... can anybody gimme help...:huh2:

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened
Will,

my problem is on step 2(picture #1), after removed spring, i use a needle nose pliers and try to pull out the core , but dosnt work, anything i miss?