• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo - 2018

scout24

Flashaholic
I would think a "10th Anniversary" Lunasol 20 run with modern emitters would pretty much stop time here on CPF... In other words, :paypal:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lunasol 20/27 with a XP-L HI and maybe some Nichia E17/E21 around in a flood ring would indeed be dreamy.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're brainstorming here ... how about Oslon Black Flat + a ring of ultra-high-CRI Yuji ?

While I am very happy with my A2 with a yuji ring, I d prefer more power in the flood. And the e21 @5000 from virence.com are not visibly inferior to the yujis. In terms of form factor they are clearly superior as they just sit on surface and are much smaller overall

SunSynchron

Newly Enlightened
Hey Jon,

proud to have a Haiku with me :) love it since the first day i got it!
Only slight negative thing: the tint is too cold for my eyes... any chance on having the XML-Cree replaced for a warmer Nichia?

Have a stellar year! Looking forward getting some more McGizmos this year!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of flood LEDs. Another nice option could be those new nichia optisolis. Ultimate color rendering at 20-30lm per led. And better footprint than that of e21

I am getting samples in about 2w from now and will report my observations elsewhere on the forum

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo, the benchmark for all other lights. Glad to see you're still around making lights.

Now, how do I go about ordering one? What is the contact info for Don?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just jumping in to say how happy I am that the McG train is still rolling, and that I too would be very interested in another iteration of the LunaSol.