Metrix 1w led @ Tractor Supply

Hank Zudd

Newly Enlightened
noticed this light today for $10.00; 80 lumens on 2 x D batts. Took the front off & the led sandwich element unscrews easily from the body. Light has a push button switch, nice metal body. It's branded by Tractor Supply, so I don't know where it comes from, but I suspect it's chineese.

who makes a drop in +200 lumen (or more) that I can put in this light for less than $40.00?
Or what's the cost of a simple screw in replacement, and who makes it. I'd go for some bright cheap work lights for the right price sandwich. thanks

ETA- I found the Dorcy 80 lumen 3 x AA light today at Frys for the same price; I like AA platform (switching to Enloops);
probably get a diffrent light later, for the higher power needs.
Plus I picked up some AA to D adapters from Frys also (Lennar-$5.00 for four) for my other Mags.

Day 2 edit- did some comparisions last night with some of my other lights, and the Dorcy is definetly a keeper. Nice color & good useable beam pattern; still I'm curious about converting the other light.

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before cutting the wires you might want to test the led and check it's voltage and led current. If it's around 1 amp than I bet you could just get a new led on a star and replace the led. If not you're going to need a low voltage boost driver to go along with the new led.

Hank Zudd

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping to find a screw in replacement for the sandwich that has the led & circuitry w/o sodering, at which I suk. thanks