MH20 or P12GT (or alternatives)

anvilis

Newly Enlightened
I have spent a lot of time on CPF lurking. I have just registered an account and I am looking at the MH20, possibly the P15GT or the S30R II. I am heavily leaning towards the MH20, because I like its size and capabilities. If I purchase the MH20, I'll likely permanently install a magnetic charging adapter, so that I don't have to worry about the USB port. What do others think?

Thanks.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
I have a P12Gt and an EA11. I like and use my EA11 more because it's smaller and floodier, but still super bright. The P12GT is less useful to me because it is more spot, which is nice to have but I need flood 80% of the time and spot maybe 20%. With that said, I would get more use out of the MH20. For alternative and first choice, a Zebralight SC63w in neutral white.

anvilis

Newly Enlightened
Aaaaa! More choices! I like the Zebralight as well. If you were starting anew, would you select the MH20, the Zebralight or one of your existing models?

tops2

Enlightened
If you have the budget for both, get the MH20 in the group buy. Use it for a few weeks or so. Then if you still really want to try the Zebralight and think you'll like the Zebralight interface, then go for it. Then you can really make the comparison between the interfaces and may appreciate the interface of the Zebralight more if you like it.

If you only want to get one, and are reasonably sure you may like the Zebralight interface, I'd say just get the Zebralight and be done with it.

My first light was Fenix E12 but was unsatisfied. Then I did tons of research and was sure I'll probably like Zebralights so I ordered the SC5w. While waiting for it to be delivered, the Thrunite TN12 2014 went on sale in a local store for a good price so I bought it and liked it. But as soon as I got my SC5w, I stopped using the TN12 despite the raw lumens difference. I didn't like how the TN12 had 5 levels to cycle through and it quickly gets tedious to switch modes. Personally, I've now basically stopped look at any other lights but Zebralights.

I'm currently debating between Zebralight SC63w or the hi CRI SC600 MK3 that's supposed to be out sometime in summer. I know I really *should* get both. :nana:

Last edited:

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
Starting over I would get the Zebralight SC63w before I considered anything else. I have never used one IRL, but the reviews and specs are really good IMO. A truly versatile light. I'm totally buying one soon, just buying other crap I need right now so I haven't pulled the trigger on it. It has so many modes to play with and 61 lumens for 33 hours on medium! Plus it has safeties built in so you don't need to worry about over discharging or accidentally leaving it on. I haven't been this excited about a light yet.

anvilis

Newly Enlightened
I asked for and received a code from dazed1 for the MH20 group buy. If anyone coming across this thread wants to buy an MH20, I strongly recommend you send a PM to dazed1 for the discount information. I don't think you'll find a better price elsewhere.

I'll let everyone know if I go for the MH20. Of course, now I need to consider the SC63w, and the SC600 MK3. Is there a group buy for either of these? They are a lot more expensive (unless there's a discount floating around somewhere...) What would you say are the advantages between the MH20, the SC63w and the SC600 MK3?

I'm actually very curious about the differences between the sc63w and the SC600 MK3. I took a look at the specs and they seem to be very close to each other. One is an eighth of an inch longer than the other. Is there anything significant that I'm missing?

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked for and received a code from dazed1 for the MH20 group buy. If anyone coming across this thread wants to buy an MH20, I strongly recommend you send a PM to dazed1 for the discount information. I don't think you'll find a better price elsewhere.

I'll let everyone know if I go for the MH20. Of course, now I need to consider the SC63w, and the SC600 MK3. Is there a group buy for either of these? They are a lot more expensive (unless there's a discount floating around somewhere...) What would you say are the advantages between the MH20, the SC63w and the SC600 MK3?

I'm actually very curious about the differences between the sc63w and the SC600 MK3. I took a look at the specs and they seem to be very close to each other. One is an eighth of an inch longer than the other. Is there anything significant that I'm missing?
The Zebralights have much better efficiency, build quality, and customer service. You're not going to find many discounts on the Zebralight though. Nitecore is much more likely to fail on you, and you'll have a hard time getting it replaced. Zebralight is less likely to have issues, but easy to get a replacement if you do have any issues.

anvilis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks eraursls1984. Is ZL planning on coming out a HI CRI version of the SC63? I would be very interested if they did.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, if you do decide to buy Nitecore, Olight, or other similar brands I'd recommend buying from a reputable dealer instead of the cheapest dealer. A reputable dealer will help with warranty claims, and that is priceless for many of these companies based out of China.

tops2

Enlightened
Thanks eraursls1984. Is ZL planning on coming out a HI CRI version of the SC63? I would be very interested if they did.

From other threads sounds like there's either no plans or it really depends on sale of the SC600 MKIII hi CRI. But think no one has an answer for that at this point.