Micro ATL Light

sunny_nites

Enlightened
How soon till you share the details for G5?

Thanks for your interest in the Micro ATL lights!

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit with the G5 teaser because it is going to be a while before they are ready to sell but it's been hard to contain the excitement!

Check back in a couple of weeks, I'm going to create a new thread with the specs and some pics of the prototypes.

Thanks!

Zandar

Enlightened
O H sure, I haven't even gotten my G4 yet and your already teasing us with the G5!! Everyone is saying that once you get your light your hooked and then your compelled to buy one in each metal type. So I'm soon going to "need" 3 more G4's and God knows how many G5's. Your a monster aren't you!!!!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Pure evil for sure!

And, I'm gonna apologize for this right up front;

There are likely to be two different versions of the G5; the G5 and the G5 EX. Oh the humanity...

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
You're welcome and I'm in for this one too, both versions.

Thanks and I very much appreciate your support!

I'm really excited to be able to offer the G5 and G5 EX and have every confidence that they will not disappoint!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Absolutely!

I'm going to post pics of the prototypes and specs in a couple of weeks.

Thanks and stay tuned!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I know, I know; I promised G5 specs and believe me, they are coming!

Really had a chance this weekend to do some testing and developing. I had been primarily testing with aluminum, which I am happy to report is turning out very well but hadn't had a chance to do any testing with brass or copper. I was pretty sure copper would work out well but I wasn't as sure about brass. This weekend I had enough time to put together brass and copper test mules and again, I am happy to report that brass actually looks very good too.

Since the G5 and G5 EX are intended for sale, I will probably start the thread on the sales page (but keep in mind that sales are going to be a while yet) rather than on this forum. I want to pretty up the prototypes a bit before I put pics of them up (although there is a pic of the long term, aluminum test prototype from the back and side on the sales thread :devil:).

Should be starting the G5 thread up in another week or so.

Thanks and stay tuned!

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I originally planned on starting the Micro ATL G5 thread on the sales forum but realized that this is still very much a work in progress and didn't want to clutter up the sales page, if there is one. By that I mean there has to be enough potential interest to move forward with a sales thread. So if you like what you see on the G5 build page and think you might be interested in purchasing one, when they are ready to sell, be sure to let me know.

Check back in this forum on Friday for pics and specs on the Micro ATL G5 build!

Thanks and stay tuned!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup:This is one of my favorite project threads! Keep up the good work, sir!

Zandar

Enlightened
I seem to remember that sunny_nites said there wasn't enough interest in this project to go forward with the G5 and G5E editions. He put the project on indefinite hold on April 28, 2016!

Last edited: