Micro ATL Light

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Great. I'm really glad I saw this thread. I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them.

Thanks!

Sassy little copper G4, fresh off the buffer wheel
P5210128_zpsfo3w3vla.jpg

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbsNICE! Let us know when our pre-order lights are ready to ship. I have to coordinate with my US address

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I ask what size/type the screws are for the lid attachment?. I would like to source some black finish screws if possible.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

sunny_nites

Enlightened
The G3s use four stainless steel 2-56 x 3/8" SAE screws. The G4s use eight M2 x 4mm stainless steel metric screws, except for the very first couple off the line that also use the SAE screws.

One note of caution, try not to lift the lid off of the light. The lids are sealed with an extremely thick silicone grease to aid in water resistance. This grease is not like the stuff they use to protect car light bulbs from the elements but is similar to what is used to seal watch stem o-rings on high end watches and such.

I would suggest replacing one screw at a time. Also, the screws are set with low hold Loctite to make sure they never back out or become loose and you would want to use that to seal them as well.

Now with all that being said, getting screws to match the countersink is more complicated than it sounds. Sending you an IM to discuss some options.

Last edited:

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a Spyderco Dog Tag folder and I'm thinking this light would be a perfect match.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

sunny_nites

Enlightened
The Micro ATLs are definitely small enough to wear along with a dog tag. Sounds like a good combo!

groo01

Newly Enlightened
Groo here
I hope you got my e-mail.
I would be interested in a copper,max light output and a low.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Just got my G4 aluminum. What a cool little light.

I didn't know about the charging arrangement--also very cool.

Can't wait till I get my bronze and copper versions.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
The G3s use four stainless steel 2-56 x 3/8" SAE screws. The G4s use eight M2 x 4mm stainless steel metric screws, except for the very first couple off the line that also use the SAE screws.

One note of caution, try not to lift the lid off of the light. The lids are sealed with an extremely thick silicone grease to aid in water resistance. This grease is not like the stuff they use to protect car light bulbs from the elements but is similar to what is used to seal watch stem o-rings on high end watches and such.

I would suggest replacing one screw at a time. Also, the screws are set with low hold Loctite to make sure they never back out or become loose and you would want to use that to seal them as well.

Now with all that being said, getting screws to match the countersink is more complicated than it sounds. Sending you an IM to discuss some options.

How about the screw that covers the charge port in the G4? I'd like to get a couple of replacements.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Just got my G4 aluminum. What a cool little light.
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

How about the screw that covers the charge port in the G4? I'd like to get a couple of replacements.
For sure, I can send you a couple of replacements. One thing to keep in mind; the port covers are ground and tuned per light. The replacements should be pretty close but may not fit exactly like the original.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

For sure, I can send you a couple of replacements. One thing to keep in mind; the port covers are ground and tuned per light. The replacements should be pretty close but may not fit exactly like the original.

Okay, that's fine, you can send them with my brass and copper lights.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Had a quick question. I just noticed with the light off I can see a faint blue glow from the inside of the light. And it's mostly in back of the left LED. What is that?

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Had a quick question. I just noticed with the light off I can see a faint blue glow from the inside of the light. And it's mostly in back of the left LED. What is that?
Beacon ... ?

archimedes is absolutely correct; that blue glow you see is the locator beacon that comes with the light. It is positioned behind the left most LED when looking at the front of the light.

The beacon is a 3mm blue LED running continuously at around 5 micro amps. Its purpose is to assist you in finding the light in the dark along with what ever you may have it attached to, like a Keyring, job badge lanyard, etc.

The beacon runs at such a low current that it wont affect the availability of the primary light and would take a substantial amount of time to run the battery down. I actually have some standalone beacons that have been running almost 4 years.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks, I thought it might be something like that. That's interesting that they can last four years (or more).

I had one other question. I saw a photo of the battery. It looks like a bag rather than a cylindrical can type. Is this a LiFePO4 battery? But those are only 3.2V and this one says says 3.7V.

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
The batteries in the Micro ATLS are actually 240mah, 3.7 volt lithium polymer batteries.

The battery housing is called a prismatic bag and the flat, rectangular format fits the shape of the Micro ATL perfectly.