Micro ATL Light

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I love the G4 design!
If possible I would like to change from G3 to G4 design!?
Thanks...

G4 it is!

I'll have to check the records but I believe this will be your light, ser # 15A4001. Just need to stuff it with the electronix.

P5110114_zpswfz0msay.jpg

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I am always coming here for updates :) Anything new these past few days?

Was starting to worry that I was burning people out with updates, glad to hear you still want them!

Mostly, lately, I have been working on making the build more efficient so I can get these pups out the door quicker. So far though, it still takes an insane amount of time to put these lights together. But I am making incremental progress!

Some of the updates today are just build efficiency gains; I've found a better way to wire up the LEDs that increases some of the inside the case space. Not a big deal once the light is finished but does make it easier to build. Tried a couple of different circuit boards for the charger jack but finally came to the conclusion that just wiring it up without the board is actually better. And a change from the Gen2; the Gen3 and Gen4 lights will disconnect the circuit from the battery while charging. Again, not a big deal in the overall scheme of things but it does increase the efficiency of the charger a bit and allows you to reset the controller and battery protection circuit just by plugging in the charger to the charging port on the light.

I have been meaning to bring this up for a while; I really ran into a wall with the trit slots. I realized early on that my mill was not accurate enough to produce the slots so I looked around for local and some not so local machine shops that might be willing to take on the project and not bust the budget. I did find two shops and got them some blanks to try out. Unfortunately the work they both returned was sub par (I mean really, really sub par). So, I'm afraid that at this point I can't offer trit slots on the lights. Hopefully down the road, if there is enough interest for me to continue to build and refine these lights, I will be able to invest in better equipment and that I might be able to offer trit slots at some point.

Check back in over the weekend and I hopefully will have some pictures of the first, production builds on the Gen4s!

Thanks and stay tuned!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Did you capture that my copper should be polished?

Thanks
Mick

I did! Micro ATL G4, Copper, polished, standard LED configuration.

I'll get an updated list posted this weekend. Also, I will verify with everyone via IM before I complete your build to make sure everything is the way you want it.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Beautiful (in my IMHO) aluminum, Micro ATL G4 all buttoned up and ready for a trip!

P5170117_zpsywrjttq9.jpg

P5170118_zpsmhwcnyqt.jpg

And the becon
P5170119_zpsstaqoneg.jpg

Fully charged and tested. Each light will be tested for function and will get a full charge and discharge cycle before being shipped.
P5170122_zpsy2wox6hf.jpg

Your Micro ATL will come with the battery in a "storage state" charge. ie, the voltage will be around 3.7v to 3.9v. So,you will want to fully charge it before you start using it. There will be a note in the package reminding you of that.

I was hoping to have pics of the first prod copper light but just ran out of time to completely finish. So look for more production pics next week.

It's been a long road, with a steep learning curve, for sure but I believe I finally have everything in order and will be setting up the sales site shortly. Look for a link to the sales post by late next week!

Which brings me to a little announcement; to show my appreciation to everyone that has stuck with me through this long, long process, I will be sending each person that has gotten back to me and Confirmed their commitment to the purchase of a Micro ATL a free bonus from another project I have been working on. Nothing to get too fired up about but I really think you will like it. Anyone that is on the following list is eligible for the bonus as long as you get back to me with a confirmation of your commitment before the sales site goes up next week. And.... you can ask me what the bonus is, all you want but you will have to wait until your package arrives to find out! :naughty:

NameMaterialPolishedQtyLED ConfigurationVersionConfirmedPotential Customers
kiely23+Aluminum11 Neutral 2 warmG4yesbmetcalfe28
nfetterly Aluminum1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG3yesrkJr
Str8strokeBrassNo1StandardG3yes
moshow9Aluminum1WarmG3yes
stingray3 CopperYes1StandardG4yes
mcbrat CopperYes1 StandardG4yes
Light11BrassNo1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG3yes
KuanR BrassYes1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG4yes
bmetcalfe28(maybe)G3
mcbrat CopperYes1standardG4
rkjr (maybe)StandardG3
arewethereyetdad BrassNo1 (maybe2)? StandardG3
abarth_1200Aluminum1StandardG3
FlashlikeAluminum1StandardG3yes

Thanks and stay tuned!!

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I am confirming for one brass! Thank you!

Awesome, thanks!

Ser # NameMaterialPolishedQtyLED ConfigurationVersionConfirmed
15A4001kiely23+Aluminum11 Neutral 2 warmG4yes
15A3002nfetterly Aluminum1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG3yes
15B3001Str8strokeBrassNo1StandardG3yes
15A3003moshow9Aluminum1WarmG3yes
stingray3 CopperYes1StandardG4yes
mcbrat CopperYes1 StandardG4yes
Light11BrassNo1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG3yes
KuanR BrassYes1Nichia 2 warm 1 neutralG4yes
bmetcalfe28(maybe)G3
mcbrat CopperYes1standardG4
rkjr (maybe)StandardG3
arewethereyetdad BrassNo1StandardG3yes
abarth_1200Aluminum1StandardG3
15A3001FlashlikeAluminum11 Neutral Cree 2 warm NichiaG3yes

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I just discovered this thread, been reading it thru. Very cool little light.

I'd like to order one in each metal. Will get back to you in the next few days on the options as I might want each one a little different.