• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mil-spec Small Map/Document Cases

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been making these for a while now...I am going to have two of them ready to ship tonight, but I can do custom orders as well. The ones that will be ready tonight are one in black and one in red.

These are small map/document cases that work well for carrying note cards, insurance ID cards, checklists, strip maps, hunting licenses, etc. They are very water-resistant and use military specification snaps to close instead of velcro...though I can use velcro if you would rather have that.

Approximate dimensions:
Open: 7" x 10"
Closed: 7" x 5"

I can pretty much make them whatever size you want at an additional charge for larger sizes.

The case is available in the following colors:
US Crye Precision Multicam camo
A-TACS (AU) camo
Pale Khaki
Black
Maroon
Red

The Multicam will have matching Multicam binding tape around the edges, A-TACS (AU) and pale khaki has tan binding tape. All others will have black binding tape.

All fabrics, thread, and snaps are US-manufactured and meet or exceed military specifications. Fabric is DuPont 1000D Cordura Nylon.

Thread used is US military specification type "E" thread and the case is sewn to meet or exceed military specification techniques. I'd been using bonded nylon thread which meets military specification, but in an effort of continuous improvement I have begun switching over to bonded polyester thread as it is far more resistant to decay due to UV light (AKA sunlight).

All edges are double stitched around the perimeter for durability.

As with all map/document cases, it is advisable to laminate the map or documents prior to using them in the case. The reason for this is because laser printing will transfer onto the plastic of the case if exposed to extreme heat. This is true of any marine-grade polyvinyl used in map cases of this type...not just mine.

Shipping includes tracking. All my items come from a smoke-free and pet-free home, so no nasty, foul odors to deal with.

Price is $23 shipped within the US. Payment by USPS Postal money order only. If you have another payment method in mind, please PM me.

Thanks!

atacsmap-1.jpg

atacsmap-2.jpg

multicammap-1.jpg

multicammap-2.jpg

multicammap-3.jpg

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Multicam case with black snaps ready to ship right now that I'll let go for $20 shipped. A buyer had requested black snaps and then changed his mind after I'd already finished it.

Anyway, please PM me if you want it. Solid black one is ready to ship now as well as solid red with black edge binding and black snaps.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was hoping someone on here would buy these so that I'd be able to renew my CPF subscription to continue offering items for sale here...If you don't like these two that are already done, send me a PM...I can modify the dimensions for you for a nominal cost.

Thanks.