milkyspit Kromagnum- Kroma On Steroids!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around eighteen months ago I traded my SF Kroma to milkyspit for another modded light. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that he still had my Kroma, but had modded it lightly... by adding a Seoul P4. Before you can say "Red-White-Blue LEDs" I arranged to purchase it back. It is dubbed the "Kromagnum."

The Seoul transplant completely changes the Kroma's "personality." It now puts out somewhere in the region of 200 lumens (my estimate), and the optic works wonderfully with the new LED. milkyspit mentioned that he shimmed the LED for the optimum focus, and it worked. The beam pattern is white and at a distance of 20'+ it is broad and bright, something of a wall of light (very little hot spot, with a nice even, bright spill). The low is still quite low, almost ideal for use when walking or hiking. The colored LEDs work as before, with a low/high blue and red.

This is an early Kroma and sports a "Patent Pending" body. Kind of neat. A long time ago I added an M2 rubber grip, and milkyspit added an OregonShooter tactical tailguard.

Here are a couple of (bad) pics (my good camera is at my other house) of it alongside a few other toys. I've also included a couple of backyard beamshots to compare it to a 240 or so lumen milkyspit CreeMator.

Kromagnum hanging with a buddy:

CreeMator on 2x123 fresh Surefire primaries:

Kromagnum on 2x123 fresh Surefire primaries:

If deemed of enough intrinsic value, this can be placed in the Reviews forum, if desired.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: milkyspit Kromagun- Kroma On Steroids!

Since stock High is 50L according to SF, a Seoul swap should bring it to 100L.

I'd like to see a pic of the Kromagnum (might want to change the "Kromagun" spelling in the title) with a magnum-capable piece... at least .357 Mag, please. :D

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened

Very nice, I want it too :mecry:

You in the USA can be happy with your modders. I would have in my Kroma also gladly a P4 or Q5, but I shrank from this dispatch work and the price.

BTW: My Kroma also shows Patent pending

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've seen ~817mA (ledmuseum.org) to ~847mA draw on high. With a Seoul P4 that puts it at around 175-200 lumens at the emitter. With a high efficiency optic I'd guess it is probably in the range of 150-180 lumens. Not bad.

A couple of pics of the Kromagnum with a .44 magnum: :)

dscn3046cd5.jpg

dscn3044ye0.jpg

RainerWahnsinn, what is your serial number? Are you registered on the Kroma registry here on CPF?:)

Last edited: