• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I am just addicted to the Wasp now. Can't put it down. I hope the next drop will include some 219B's because I need that HCRI in HA Nat (trit head and tail please). That is, assuming my fingers are nimble enough to catch one. :bow:

PS Phew, I just finished reading this thread. The Wasp has much more depth than I originally thought. From cross-compatibility to shorties to programming, it is truly in a class of its own. The R33 V5 is simply put an outstanding triple.

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
Yes yes, just need to wait for our next shipment of v5 boards so we have enough to go around. These do so many things and we are still ramping production. But hopefully next month!

This is music to my ears!!! Especially if I don't get lucky enough to score a V5 E2 Copper Triple or a Wasp head. Knowing I might be able to upgrade my V4 E2 Copper will ease the blow. Keep up the good work guys! I've been hooked on your products since I purchased my first V3.10N Triple drop in a few years back. And it still remains in my 9P host today.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This is music to my ears!!! Especially if I don't get lucky enough to score a V5 E2 Copper Triple or a Wasp head. Knowing I might be able to upgrade my V4 E2 Copper will ease the blow.

Sorry for the confusion. That post (upgradability) is specific to the v4 Wasp. Es and p60 lack the architecture to swap boards and will not be part of the program. We are hoping to offer a few E heads but colors would be limited. Another option would be custom E heads, but I'm unsure of demand there.

Part of the issue with Wasp availability is that this summers launch was effectively the remains of last winters launch. So we only had half a run to work with. We are cutting more heads, for an entirely v5 run, enabling larger and more frequent batches. People waiting to buy just heads will also see greater availability. These will hopefully hit before Christmas.

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
Aahh ok, thanks for the heads up on this. I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye out so I don't miss the available units when they're posted up.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Are the older style of Pocket heads (I presume there's a V4 generation) upgradable with V5 boards?

The basic feature necessary for our upgrade service is removable optics. Ribbed heads (which are all v4) have the same fixed optic architecture as drop ins and are not eligible. Sorry, only wasp (v4 and v5) can be upgraded.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only own Wasp heads and drop-ins, so wasn't aware that their optics are fixed. It's yet another detail that makes the Wasp an awesome and versatile tool.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Ok. Been busy this week. I was able to score a Wasp set up from this latest run. HOLY C**P what a light. I am very familiar with most of OR's offerings but this thing is sci-fi like. The programming capabilities are amazing. This light is single handedly converting some of my nonflashaholic friends into OR lurkers. Bravo! Oveready, Bravo!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The original brass shorty:

10.jpg

We have to much going on just now to cut the parts needed for a wasp version, but th8tredude made a nice preview!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your pipe insulation packaging is some of his favorite toys... Thanks! :)
cbe276358a2b74b5186bbad98b310c92.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Your pipe insulation packaging is some of his favorite toys... Thanks! :)
Seriously cute! We do have occasional foam wars around here, with the 3ft originals ;)

That'd be cool, if the actual wasp head was brass (not just the bezel) [emoji7]
5 parts is a lot to coordinate for a 2nd edition. Let me see if we can cut that down first, making special metals easier.