• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Univtex34

Newly Enlightened
Quick key for telling the boards apart:

• Black PCB = v4
  • Green PCB = v5 prototype
  • Blue PCB = v5

Ahhh, interesting.

So yes as I was saying, the V5 is significantly brighter to my eye, in my small office that the V4 on High. Like, see stars bright.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Wow...they actually do exist for sale. There is a 219 ZRS complete light available for purchase at this very moment.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add an 18350 extender to that shorty and you can run 1x18650 for longer runtime or 2x18350 for more output. Still very short. My favorite set up.

greenadam29

Newly Enlightened
Loving my new light! XPL head and both 35 and 65 body for 18350 or 2x18350's.
d154778c990918757bd509da40681e98.jpg

greenadam29

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! Now my only issue is getting to program it.[emoji23] Anyone who can help please PM me! [emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻

Last edited:

waterout25

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! Now my only issue is getting to program it.[emoji23] Anyone who can help please PM me! [emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻

Programming is very easy, I'm polish and figured it
pretty fast. Just follow the instructions you with your
light.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Out of stock again. Is there any quantitative evidence that the wasp head runs cooler at conventional overready head?

IsaacL

Enlightened
...I'm polish and figured it
pretty fast.

Fellow Pole here, this made my day. :crackup:

How do you sink a Polish battleship? Put it in water. :grin2:

Jokes aside, Polish cryptographers essentially won WWII. A flashlight should be pretty simple by comparison.;)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Now my only issue is getting to program it.

Announcement:
My apologies to everyone. We had a surprise after launch and have been working to resolve it.

Whats happening?
We didn't launch v5 quite as I had planned. I thought the cost to cover important development and production expenses were already incorporated. They were not. Part of that cost then appeared after launch - after many purchased their new lights. To correct this, we are reorganizing our pricing and ensuring that every purchased light includes what we said it would include.

What does this mean for me?

• If you purchased a v5 head and have not registered, you can now register for programming - at no charge.
  • If you purchased a v5 head and have already paid for registration, you will receive an automatic refund. Please send me a PM if this does not happen in the next 36 hours.
  • If you purchase a v5 in the future, it will cost a little more at purchase and include free programming registration.

Why did this happen?
A one man shop is easy to coordinate. The right half was there when the left half made the decision and staying on the same page is automatic. When a product gets to complex for one person, additional people are needed. And making the best product means finding the best people. Team Oveready is actually 3 small teams spanning the globe. And this seperation means we have different time zones, cultures, and languages. We each misunderstood what the other was doing and did not catch the discrepancy in time.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Programming worked, thank you!

I notice now that I changed my program, that little programming red light lights up during all modes while the light is on...well, the lower 2, I can't look into hundreds of lumens to tell you on the upper ones. :)

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
I notice now that I changed my program, that little programming red light lights up during all modes while the light is on...well, the lower 2, I can't look into hundreds of lumens to tell you on the upper ones. :)

tiny very dim red during white operation indicates the active bounce switch (burn protection)

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my light couple of days ago and have been playing around with it constantly. Oveready just keeps blowing away all my expectations...first I kept thinking, "Oh, probably just a LED upgrade so a little brighter," or "Oh, probably just a new bezel option," or "hey a better tint!"....Then you get this freaking WASP v5!

I keep trying to guess at what more Oveready team could bring to the table and here it is...I can't imagine what will come next...

Hats off to you all, and while you're at it, here....TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I put this single cell above 17 watts? I guess I did, but don't want to use it like that unless it is safe enough to do so and will put it back.