• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
How is the V4 Wasp upgrade process creation coming along?

It's stuck behind the v5 dimming issue. Well get current drop in customers fixed up, then restart new drop in sales, then get back to our larger timeline, including 4->5 wasp upgrades.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Last parts E; :thinking: is it possible I will finally have a chance at that elusive 219 E triple?
Nope, sorry...

Announcement

We have parts enough to make 3 more Wasp lights before the next batch batch arrives later this year. Here are the particulars:

mostly XPL+Red, one 219+Red
100% 1.1 FW
100% head+TL35+triad+clip
some nat, some black
up for sale in a single batch, this Saturday afternoon (PST), Feb 13
shipping next tuesday

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
And I've had a natural in my cart twice and backed out because of an upcoming surgery, DANG IT!!!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only aspire to owning one of these lights, and have to be content with my lovely Malkoffs.
I haven't read many user experiences with the light here.
As it's such a lovely and expensive thing, do any of you EDC it on a regular basis?
I'm sure I'd be too scared of using it the way I use my EDC that I'd damage it, but it would be a shame not to use it and leave it on a shelf. I'm more of a beat up pickup guy than a Porsche one.
Let us know how these get used in the real world.
P

boafish

Newly Enlightened
I can only aspire to owning one of these lights, and have to be content with my lovely Malkoffs.
As it's such a lovely and expensive thing, do any of you EDC it on a regular basis?
I'm sure I'd be too scared of using it the way I use my EDC that I'd damage it, but it would be a shame not to use it and leave it on a shelf. I'm more of a beat up pickup guy than a Porsche one.
P

I carry mine every day in my coat pocket, shorten the body for summer carry. I actually dropped mine last night pretty hard at the movie theater (watched deadpool, highly recommended, don't take the kids) and it showed no signs of being dropped. They're very rugged and I repeatedly seem to pick the wasp over any other light that I own. You just missed a drop of a few, keep your eyes peeled and you'll end up with one.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
P

My V4 Moddoolar(s) I've taken to China & used in industrial sites (pulp & paper). Haven't been to China since getting my Wasp.

If I don't use my lights I sell them. My McGizmo's have been used in industrial sites as well as TNC's etc....

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wasp in the wild, I normally run a TL100 at work.

7b1938bb48bdc385c0801266d6500daf.jpg

Last edited:

mikesantor

Enlightened
I know you have been releasing these as full lights but is there any plans on releasing just the heads any time soon? I want to run one of these on an M600 scout body on my SCAR. Thanks!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Were committed to releasing loan heads with full releases, but there just aren't enough fore such a tiny release. But the next full release certainly.

This however, will require burning more boards and cutting more heads. Which are waiting for board production to resume and for our favorite machinist to settle into his new digs. These kinds of things tend to take months, not weeks :|