Mokume Gane Ultra-Lux 18350 Dragon light!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine they also look different in person. I am really liking Pic 1 too. I am not sure how to say it.............it seems to "balance" out the machining. If that even makes sense.

What about matching machine slots in the tail cap? Sorta reminds me of a pool cue.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I was thinking if the "points" of the teardrops lined up exactly with the "points" of the crenellations ... that might look cool

GusManB

Enlightened
Hi Chris I would absolutely! want a mokume light.

Would go with Picture # 1, just looks better that way :)

Love the Dragon Pattern.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about matching machine slots in the tail cap? Sorta reminds me of a pool cue.

I will see how it looks with matching tail cuts that the head has. Not sure which way to do the tear drops in the tail. I will machine them both ways and see which way looks best.

I will be machining the 18350 Mokume body tomorrow.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 looks a bit odd by itself, but might work in an alternating 1,2 pattern.

I thought about this as well. I am just going to stick with the top one for now. I will have enough material for only two lights. I have ordered more but it won't be ready till Mid June. I am hoping for sooner. I am only able to get two lights out of a bar.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about trit slots.

Here are a couple pictures of the Mokume Dragon Bodies.

U-L_18350_Dragon_Mokume.jpg

U-L_18350_Dragon_Mokume_2.jpg

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to get some feedback on which way the milled cuts on the front (Head) of the light looks best. I am only doing one of the two. First picture is with the cuts getting deeper toward the front and the 2nd picture is with the cuts getting deeper towards the back. So I am wanting to get your opinion. I prefer picture 1. Cuts getting deeper towards the front. This picture is still missing the crenelated Bezel. I just wanted to get feedback on the body before machining the Mokume.

Please let me know your thoughts?

PICTURE 1
20160517_134639.jpg

PICTURE 2
20160517_134703.jpg

The first one is OK.

The next suffers aesthetical dis-balance :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mokume Gane Dragon looks amazing, Chris!
Count me in for one of the Damascus lights too! :D

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Hi Guys I should have a limited amount of these torches in Ti, Mokume Gane, and Damascus Steel in stock within two weeks. We also should have
the Ti pocket clips that will mount on these lights. I will post when we get closer to the order date.
Thanks
Bob

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoo for Pocket clips! I've always wanted to buy one of you fine lights but the lack of clips has always stopped me.