Mokume Gane Ultra-Lux 18350 Dragon light!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shipped a Package to RMSK with a few Ultra-Lux 18350 Dragon Lights. These will use the XP-L HI Triples.

What shipped was the Mokume, Titanium, and Copper. The Titanium clips are probably a week or two out from being completed.

file.php

file.php

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! The Mokume Gane Dragon looks amazing! The V1 Dragon design is simply sublime! :thumbsup:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Much talk...But talk is cheap!! It's also a great price for that much machining and expensive metal.
Bob

Last edited:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Nice. Talk is cheap indeed. I was going to buy all 3 but once I added it up it was over my $5 budget. I could always sell my car, I mean where do I really need to go anyway?

Some questions:
Is the damascus a stainless metal combo, or titanium? Mostly wondering about the weight of the Damascus vs the Titanium vs the Copper version.
Also wondering if there are any pics of what the clips will look like. I am trying to envision it. It must clip into the tail end groove or something like that?
Are these H-M-L as specified at the top of the RMSK page? L-M-H is better, but at least want to confirm what I'm in for...

Any comments appreciated. Great work Chris!

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Nice. Talk is cheap indeed. I was going to buy all 3 but once I added it up it was over my $5 budget. I could always sell my car, I mean where do I really need to go anyway?

Some questions:
Is the damascus a stainless metal combo, or titanium? Mostly wondering about the weight of the Damascus vs the Titanium vs the Copper version.
Also wondering if there are any pics of what the clips will look like. I am trying to envision it. It must clip into the tail end groove or something like that?
Are these H-M-L as specified at the top of the RMSK page? L-M-H is better, but at least want to confirm what I'm in for...

Any comments appreciated. Great work Chris!

If it had any titanium in it, it would no longer be called Damascus at that point. Damascus will always be steel (and only specifically noted "Stainless Damascus" will be stainless steels). Normally, it would be high carbon steels, but the numerous offerings in stainless Damascus is certainly a benefit. Regardless, you should be treating any and all Damascus (regardless of steel composition) with a corrosion inhibitor.

Titanium forged in a similar fashion to Damascus will carry a different name, because it is so different in composition. Normally it'll be trademarked names like "Timascus" (Alpha Knife Supply) or "MokuTi" (Chad Nichols).

Titanium won't be mixed in with steel for Damascus style forging (pattern welding). I don't believe outside of explosive welding that you can forge the two materials together.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Hey guys the alloy of the Damascus is 1084 steel and 15N20 steel. The drivers are H-M-L the damascus should weigh in about the same as the SS unit about 4.1 OZ the CU and BR are just a touch more. Ti torches are about 30% less weight at about 2.7 OZ. The clips should be in sometime next week and they do attach to the groove on the tail.

Last edited:

Randalllwhize

Newly Enlightened
Mokume Gane Ultra Lux 18350 Dragon light

I talked to a sales rep today and he said the buffer in the UCIW is an H3, but he did not know the exact weight. Does anyone have the weight of the UCIW buffer?

Latest posts