Morakniv/Mora Knives

CLHC

Flashaholic
Mora Garberg (Full-Tang) Overview / Demo by Dave Canterbury:

Well, this should be interesting in the following months ahead on this "new" Morakniv.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sounds very interesting.

Hope they offer this with an Orange handle !

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonder which stainless steel they opted to use and to what spec they hardened it.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Mine is a Bahco branded Mora, even cheaper than the Mora branded. I have several. This one I use to carve wood in my workshop.

image_zpscdizezsx.jpeg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Mine is a Bahco branded Mora, even cheaper than the Mora branded. I have several. This one I use to carve wood in my workshop.

Nice! Bahco has some interesting products. From Bahco, I have the Laplander and the Clearing Axe. The latter does not look like a "traditional" axe as most people are familiar with.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Cool! I also have the saw, but it's the orange version of the Laplander, but it's not called that. Maybe they're different somehow?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
That was a crazy fish head. I really like Mora knives. The stainless they use 12c27 is really nice. Holds an edge about as good as their 1095 and takes a mirror polish.

Mora 746. Very comfortable handle for larger hands.

Mora Robust. Thicker steel and still economical. I kinda prefer the Clipper/Companion handle but it is still nice.

Older 511 I made into a PSK type knife.

Clippers. One carbon the other stainless. Fast and light knives which are comfortable to use.

Mora number 2 about ready to make a fire without matches.

Speaking of fire:

I got even more Mora knives. They're a great deal IMHO.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The stainless steel for the Garberg is 14C28N, not 12c27. Much better steel and, according to Mora, better than a carbon blade.
Still looking forward to this knife regardless of what the others (the naysayers) may feel about it.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Any CPF Member here have or had the Mora Signal? Just curious to know if the blade is black, polished or there's both options?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got some pics for yea but will need to upload them. Gotta snowblow the driveway but will get back to it after.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Checked on my Mora which resides in the car trunk, wow did that blade discolor and even rust a bit, still very sharp though. Made me think when was the last tetanus shot that I had ;)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Checked on my Mora which resides in the car trunk, wow did that blade discolor and even rust a bit, still very sharp though. Made me think when was the last tetanus shot that I had ;)
¡Cuidado!

Anyone here have experience with their Hook Knives? Ones used to make a Kuksa?

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at getting another Mora for when I go kayaking, I have the 2/0 which is ideal in size but I'd prefer a sealed plastic handle and stainless blade vs carbon and wood. The knife will be mostly carried and see little use so smaller overall is better. Looking at their web site it seems everything is bigger, any suggestions?

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
Holy smokes do I want a handful of those small and super handy Eldris models! Perfect for stashing away in about a dozen different places.

I wonder if they will be released soon and how much my favorite Mora dealer (Ragweed Forge) will charge.

I've made a few handles for bare blade blanks and have used the smallest one for a marking knife when working wood. My favorite one has got to be the Mora 2000. I love the grippy handle and it's thin blade and it is a permanent part of my canoe kit. It just works.