More Fenix Digital Lights - L0D CE and L1D CE

lexina

Enlightened
I am sold - the L1D CE looks like a winner! Aside from being able to use commonly available AAs, it can take 14500s to give the brightness of the P1D CE!

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ritch: A simple tailswitch can be used to change modes if turning the head clockwise then anti-clockwise is simply turning on and off the light.

tygger

Enlightened
i knew it! the minute i break down and buy an LOD here come the CE. oh well, it leaves me with only one option. buy the L1D CE. i really wanted a AA anyway.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
cheapo said:
ok, this is exactly what i'v been waiting for... now i need to decide which of those to get... hmm. (dont even say "Get both" :) )

-David

Get both. I am. :)

these are excactly what i want though. Once i get these im ditching this forum and neevr coming hback. Not till im rich at least.

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened
Now that's what I wanted for Christmas! Any chance they will have a natural finish as well?

Kevin

damon

Newly Enlightened
I hope the L1D CE head is compatible with the L2T/L2S bodies

SIG

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a great light! I also hope it can be used with a 2AA body or a CR123 body. With selectable brightness levels and a Cree LED, this looks like a must have!!

Martini

Enlightened
I have to wonder why Fenix is opting to use PWM for the L0D-CE. Since it has lower levels than it's bigger brothers, the flickering is bound to be more evident. It just seems like they've done it backwards to me. After you've seen the P1D-CE on low, there is no going back to PWM.

myk

Enlightened
Martini said:
I have to wonder why Fenix is opting to use PWM for the L0D-CE. Since it has lower levels than it's bigger brothers, the flickering is bound to be more evident. It just seems like they've done it backwards to me. After you've seen the P1D-CE on low, there is no going back to PWM.

perhaps an efficiency issue?

javafool

Enlightened
Martini said:

I have to agree with myk, PWM is extremely efficient. In a EDC, efficiency is very important to me.

flame2000

Enlightened
Just wondering when used with a 14500 Li-ion, all the levels on the L1D CE will work as normal or not......or just one level of brightness similar to the P1D CE?:)

Norm

Retired Administrator
flame2000 said:
Just wondering when used with a 14500 Li-ion, all the levels on the L1D CE will work as normal or not......or just one level of brightness similar to the P1D CE?:)
I have a Civictor (made by Fenix) similar setup with the levels, all levels work fine with a 14500 just brighter.
Norm

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay R said:
If I can take out the L0D CE innards and put them in my L0 Ti I'll be a happy man........

I guess we will see in a short time a limited run of these lights in Ti :whistle:

Best regards

_____
Tom