More Fenix Digital Lights - L0D CE and L1D CE

No.10

Newly Enlightened
Do they offer the other AA lights in the Lxx range in natural... it doesn't look like it on the Fenix-Store website, which makes me wonder if they will offer natural for the LxD range.

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Miracle said:
I m hoping the L1D CE can take 4.2v rechargables to give 135 lumens

They do.

Except they're usually 3.7v rechargeables.

From what I understand, the max voltage that the circuit can handle is 4.2v on these lights.

paulr

Flashaholic
Has anyone taken apart one of these digital Fenixes and figured out what kind of microprocessor it has? Maybe it's possible to reprogram the firmware and choose one's own UI.

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
Has anyone taken apart one of these digital Fenixes and figured out what kind of microprocessor it has? Maybe it's possible to reprogram the firmware and choose one's own UI.

Nope. No one's taken them apart yet because they don't even ship to customer's until Friday.

I'm sure we'll get pics and all a few days later though! :grin2:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Seems to be the pattern that they first come out in black. Some of us can't wait and buy it, then get another when it's out in natural. Good marketing.

Geoff

Miracle

Enlightened
zigziggityzoo said:
They do.

Except they're usually 3.7v rechargeables.

From what I understand, the max voltage that the circuit can handle is 4.2v on these lights.

hi,

thankz for the info.

will it give 135 lumens?

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Miracle said:
hi,

thankz for the info.

will it give 135 lumens?

According to 4Sevens first post on this thread, yes.

However, this is not effective lumens, it is the spec lumens for the LED. Effectively, you'll probably see 75-85 lumens from the light at that power (estimating 60% efficiency of reflector and optics)

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
zigziggityzoo said:
Nope. No one's taken them apart yet because they don't even ship to customer's until Friday.
It's only the CE's that haven't shipped. I figure it's the same cpu as in the earlier digital models, just the led being different. Anyone?

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
I have an L1D-CE on order. Am considering using a Li-Ion rechargeable in it. Would the 3.6V unprotected Ultrafire battery (UF14500U) from Lighthound be a reasonable choice for this or are there better suggestions?

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Bomo said:
I have an L1D-CE on order. Am considering using a Li-Ion rechargeable in it. Would the 3.6V unprotected Ultrafire battery (UF14500U) from Lighthound be a reasonable choice for this or are there better suggestions?

I suggest looking up AW, a forum member here. He sells Protected 14500 Li-Ion batteries as well as chargers. As far as I know, he's the only guy that has them.

I've ordered from him, and am awaiting my package.

coppertrail

Enlightened
You beat me to it. :) BTW, LH is expecting to have the UltraFire 3.6V Lithium AA/AAA chargers back in stock in about 10 days.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
In case anyone didn't know, the L1D CEs are now on the Fenix-Store.com web site. I ordered one; looking forward to it!

mchlwise

Enlightened
bonvivantmike said:
In case anyone didn't know, the L1D CEs are now on the Fenix-Store.com web site. I ordered one; looking forward to it!

Ordered.

:popcorn: