Movies you watch again and again?

Oh, marvelous! The picture is back, :rolleyes: and I've no idea from where or why. It last popped up about a year ago.

~ Chance

Edit, I deleted it from my signature. Still, I have no idea where it came from. :thinking:

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
Don't know why, but Harrison Ford, in, 'The Fugitive' ( I think that's spelt right ).
Its just a flick that I enjoy watching over and over. I like the scenery, the plot, the scenery,
TLJ as the chaser, the scenery etc.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's best to stay clear of politics while posting in CPF. ;)

~ C.G.

Hmm, what I meant was... he being one of the most famous personalities in the world today, it would be a smart advertising move to give him a free box.

No thoughts pertaining to anyone's political standing nor to politics in general was ever considered when I posted my comment.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I think I see what you assumed I was referring to, Chance.

My 'bad press is still good press' comment referred to the two men who've started the cigar business. They were documented as criminals via "The Seven Five" film we were talking about. Now they're attempting to cash in on that fame, despite it being negative.

I see now how you could have easily taken that statement as a reference to the aforementioned personality.

Mystery solved. :)

Hi wimmer21,

Actually, I assumed you were attempting to associate Trump with the two criminal *******s that started the cigar company.

An appropriate use of the word assume. I salute you, Sir. :thumbsup: :laughing:

Assume
verb
Suppose to be the case, without proof.

~ Chance

da1510a

Newly Enlightened
Mine are very ordinary.

Original Star Wars trilogy.
Star Trek Wrath of Khan.
Original Indiana Jones movies.
Top Gun.
Almost any James Bond film.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi wimmer21,

Actually, I assumed you were attempting to associate Trump with the two criminal *******s that started the cigar company.

An appropriate use of the word assume. I salute you, Sir. :thumbsup: :laughing:

Assume
verb
Suppose to be the case, without proof.

~ Chance

Chance, you know... that was definitely NOT my objective, but to be perfectly honest, a good psychoanalyst might suggest there likely WAS an unconscious attempt to make that association. Oops

I will inevitably slip up again, but I will make a conserted effort to choose my words more carefully. :)

Thanks, CG

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goodfellas, watched it again for the hundredth time or so the other night. I like watching the scenes and recognizing the filming locations. It's funny how the very beginning shows East New York as an Italian area, how neighborhoods change so radically here over a generation or two. I use to work in Brownsville and they still had streets bordered with draping rope (not sure what the proper term for them is) from when it was a Jewish neighborhood.

Chance, you know... that was definitely NOT my objective, but to be perfectly honest, a good psychoanalyst might suggest there likely WAS an unconscious attempt to make that association. Oops

I will inevitably slip up again, but I will make a conserted effort to choose my words more carefully. :)

Thanks, CG

HA! I knew it. I like you, wimmer21. We should have a beer together. :) :buddies:

~ Chance

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA! I knew it. I like you, wimmer21. We should have a beer together. :) :buddies:

~ Chance

I would very much enjoy that :)

beingthere_25476.jpg

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add to my list any James Bond movie. I got hooked on Bond movies when I was little, and would go to the Drive-in in my feetie PJ's.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer21, saw the 075 movie the other night, Dowd was some character. He reminds me of some of the guys I worked with (the attitude not the stealing) and cracked me up at some points. The last part of the movie about the sentencing and the Rangers winning the cup was pretty funny.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I haven't read this thread in it's entirety, but one film that I can watch again and again is "Lonesome Dove".
Second would be "Broken Trail".

See a pattern there?