Movies you watch again and again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info on why no BR changers. I looked, and looked for why... at lots of forums related. Nothing sensible was stated. But what you said makes perfect sense.

I have a Panasonic changer at my pops house (along with my Yamaha, Denon, and Klipsch set up.) But if the urge to pop in a blue ray strikes I'm set with my little sub $50 Sonys. Sometimes I find blue ray box sets and series' for less than the dvd version.

Plus my music setup uses a laptop and Klipsch satelites so my 'full size' gear remains upstairs at my dads house in an accoustically pleasing room. It has a ProScan monitor for viewing music videos and concerts. Old school setup that sounds great when only audiophile output will do.

No Hackman tonight. The wife wanted to keep the White Collar series going in side by side players.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info on why no BR changers. I looked, and looked for why... at lots of forums related. Nothing sensible was stated. But what you said makes perfect sense.

I have a Panasonic changer at my pops house (along with my Yamaha, Denon, and Klipsch set up.) But if the urge to pop in a blue ray strikes I'm set with my little sub $50 Sonys. Sometimes I find blue ray box sets and series' for less than the dvd version.

Plus my music setup uses a laptop and Klipsch satelites so my 'full size' gear remains upstairs at my dads house in an accoustically pleasing room. It has a ProScan monitor for viewing music videos and concerts. Old school setup that sounds great when only audiophile output will do.

No Hackman tonight. The wife wanted to keep the White Collar series going in side by side players.

I have a panasonic changer and don't like it as it doesn't remember where you were when you either stop it or change discs you have to bookmark your place. The Sony changers you can switch discs, turn it off, or stop on a disc and it will remember where you were which is very handy I've found myself often with 4... even 5 dvds in it different spots unfinished.
I'm watching stuff I recorded OTA on my Philips DVR. I don't have any fancy music stuff.... only an old Sony bookshelf stereo hooked up to my tv and computer in my room, an RCA 5.1 surround system in the living room hooked to an old tube tv set and dvd changer and a sony boombox in the kitchen on top of the fridge I listen to when in there.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Sony VHS does the same thing. I can take a tape out, and it starts right where I left it.

Has anyone seen the values of some of the Disney VHS tapes?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
My Sony VHS does the same thing. I can take a tape out, and it starts right where I left it.

Used values range from nothing to a few dollars a tape locally here unless there is no dvd/blu-ray version available.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Yeah you have the advantage I will admit as I've looked for the rewind button on my DVD changer for hours with no results.

roger-roger

Enlightened
In schedule for Saturday viewing: 60's - 70's transition (1971) muscle car movies. No, not "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry". Watched that last month. ;)

"Two Lane Blacktop": James Taylor, Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates, full-race-for-the-street acid dipped '55 Chevy
"Vanishing Point": Barry Newman, Dodge Challenger (was that a 440 or 426? :D)

P.S. Just found this. Little disappointed as I always thought it was a 427. :( :)

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1955-CHEVROLET-CUSTOM--TWO-LANE-BLACKTOP-179962

Last edited:

dennis12

Newly Enlightened
Pulp Fiction (Just genius)
Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver (My favourite Character Study movie)
Fargo (A great tale, with weird characters and black humor)

But once posted, many more will come up.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
I never get tired of "Kelly's Heroes". Great cast, great action, and ...SPOILER ALERT... :sssh:

a happy ending :)

jinx626

Enlightened
Batman VS Superman (7 times)
The Legend of Tarzan (4 times)
Suicide Squad (4 times)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I never get tired of "Kelly's Heroes". Great cast, great action, and ...SPOILER ALERT... :sssh:

My dad would put that on almost every time it aired back in the analog cable days, I've probably seen that movie once a year for my entire life..

And of course once you've seen that one, you have to follow it up with Three Kings..

e3sJlnU.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
My dad would put that on almost every time it aired back in the analog cable days, I've probably seen that movie once a year for my entire life..

And of course once you've seen that one, you have to follow it up with Three Kings..

e3sJlnU.jpg

Oh I forgot about this one! "No, not the little cubes you put in hot water to make soup". Love that part where they're driving the limo and fancy cars up the the bunker, playing Chicago.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
Two that come to mind, and I watched one last week: The Thing (black and white version) and Them.

Vipre

Newly Enlightened
The Ghost and the Darkness with Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas. Based on a true story.

Gone in 60 Seconds with Nicolas Cage. It released 2 days, 17 years ago.

The Patriot with Mel Gibson.