MT-G2 hotspot artifact

PrinceValorum

Newly Enlightened
I recently swapped an MT-G2 into a LuckySun D80 host and unfortunately the hotspot has an artifact (dark spots) right in the center that looks sort of like a radiation symbol.

Is this common with this emitter, or did I simply get a dud? I haven't found anything helpful with Google, so I'm not sure if I should have expected this.

Would an OP reflector help the center of the hotspot?

Epsilon

Enlightened
What you are discribing sounds as an LED which is moved too far back in the reflector --> out of focus.

The base of the PCB of the MTG-2 should be at the same depth as the base of the LED which it is replacing. I do not know your host, but playing around with MT-G2's, I know that many reflectors have too small of a hole to fit the LED completely. Most of the times, it just fits the round part of the dome, which might be too deep.

Good luck :)

PrinceValorum

Newly Enlightened
This is how the emitter is sitting in there currently.

3v9CJiT.jpg

You're saying if I could open up the base of the reflector and let more of the emitter, basically to the point of having the reflector sit on the MCPCB instead of on the edge of the emitter, that would help?

It's kind of hard to see here, but this is the beam pattern, with the spots in the middle of the hot spot. I believe the smear to the left is from the paint on the wall, as I don't normally see that.

hDrJ1F1.jpg