Multi-meter Recommendation??

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
500000 count do not give any extra precision over 50000 count, only more resolution.

The extra resolution has proven very useful in many of my applications, e.g. when one is only interested in relative changes (very common)

Last I checked the meter do not even round numbers, i.e. 500009 in high res. mode is shown as 50000 in normal mode.

Almost all of my use is in 500000 count mode so this is a non-issue. Every DMM has minor quirks.

Brymen meters are fairly good, but there computer interface could use some improvement. It do not send numbers but a map of what segments are on in the LCD display (Fluke, Keysight and Gossen all send ascii values).

Thankfully matters like those are trivially remedied by software - assuming the user has basic programming skills.

Those interested in DMM comparisons can find much helpfui info in various EEVBlog discussions (e.g. see the search I posted above). Such discussion should help to refute some of the close-to-religious Fluke fanboy arguments. Rarely - if ever - does a Fluke DMM provide the best cost/performance for a hobbyist.

I guess mine stacks up near the bottom of the barrel. LOL!

Then again I ONLY need it to check Voltages for my batteries. Primarily L.Ion w/ a few Enloops thrown in and Alkaline which are in some of my devices.It serves its purpose.

The expensive and fancier ones are for Modders. Reviewers, Electricians and others who like to and know how to do further testing.

INNOVA_3320.jpg

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
If one is interested in performance, they are not going to get the lowest or best cost/performance most likely, but there is no standard performance value so it is all subjective. Get the meter that meets your needs, and you are done.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the Hioki multimeter; very nice but wondering if because this model does not test current that the test leads are not thick. It takes readings very fast. Being able to attach test leads to the meter and measuring is handy (this feature is available on other brands)

Took many measurements and compared them with an older 'Ideal' MM from a home improvement store. Four hundredths of a volt different almost every time.

Latest posts