• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Must Read & Agree, Warranty, Lumen & Lux #s, DriverVN2, PDT, Insurance

bbernardon

Newly Enlightened
Re: V54 MUST READ INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie here. Are all of the lights shown in the Vin light list available? If not how do I find which ones are?
Thanks

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vinhnguyen54 General Info Must Read

Please do not post in red. You may use any other color. I would like to reserve red for my important announcement. Thank you for understanding.

:x

oops. I usually always post my lumen readings in red because I thought it was exciting.

I will use a different bold color from now on so its not confusing. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Please do not post in red. You may use any other color. I would like to reserve red for my important announcement. Thank you for understanding.

:x

oops. I usually always post my lumen readings in red because I thought it was exciting.

I will use a different bold color from now on so its not confusing. :)

In your thread you are King. You can use any color or do whatever you want :).

A.marquardt

Enlightened

Vinh put your mailing address somewhere on one of the must read threads.

desmobob

Enlightened
Re: V54 / Sky Lumen MUST READ & Agree Terms

TN30vn neutral white plus shipping insurance... PayPal payment 2-27-15, 15:36 PST.

My first V54 light and my first big light!

Thanks very much,
Bob

joshjp

Enlightened

TN30vn neutral white plus shipping insurance... PayPal payment 2-27-15, 15:36 PST.

My first V54 light and my first big light!

Thanks very much,
Bob
Congrats..it should be a killer light��, tell us what you think of it when you get it.

Ping3117

Newly Enlightened

When will Vin let us know when he received our PayPal payment for a dropin ,I am still waiting for a conformation

joshjp

Enlightened

When will Vin let us know when he received our PayPal payment for a dropin ,I am still waiting for a conformation
He really doesnt, he will send you a shipping conformation though, if i wefe you I would email him about the payment conformation.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

V54 / Sky Lumen MUST READ & Agree Terms

1. V54 / Sky Lumen Warranty Click Here
  2. All my lights are OK to run until the hottest part of the light get to hot to touch bare hand. Warnings will be added to post 1 of sale thread for exceptions.
  3. Do not run any of my lights unattended. Doesn't matter which modes you are in. If you plan to run my light unattended please buy a stock light instead.
  4. Do not allow kids or someone uniformed to use my lights. This is running my lights unattended.
  5. I like lists. Email me a list of questions for everything. Simple and straight to the point. I will reply the same way.
  6. The V54 Shipping Insurance (Only applies to USA & Canada): I will insure your item during shipping for lost or postal damage. If your item is lost and you paid extra for the V54 Insurance I will send you a new hassle free replacement ASAP. If your item is damaged then I will cover your return shipping costs and send a new replacement.
  7. V54 Shipping Insurance Calculation: (Price of Light/100)*$5= Insurance amount, Example: PD35vn= $115=> ($115/100)*5= $5.75
  8. Stamp.com Shipping Insurance (Applies to everyone): This insurance is between you the buyer and Stamp.com. You may choose to insure your purchase for whatever value you want. If the items is lost or arrived damaged by the post office you will have to settle with stamp.com directly. I will provide any information necessary to assist with your claim.
  9. Stamp.com Shipping Insurance Rates: $3 for $100 value, $4 for $200, $6 for $300, $8 for $500, $11 for $700, $14 for $1000
  10. If you do not buy an insurance shipping option and your item is lost or damaged by the post office then you are on your own. If the item was damaged by the post but due to poor packaging I would still be responsible. If your ship something to me you have to insure your package as I am also not responsible for postal mishaps. I could add insurance to everything I ship by default but this will increase the price so I leave the choice up to you.
  11. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
  12. No CR123A in any of my lights. Unless I said it's OK.
  13. What is PDTs? Click Here
  14. I can only provide tracking numbers or at least proof of shipment for low priced items without tracking (TubeVN or ShirtVN for example). I can not help with tracking a package. I can not provide anymore info than what USPS provides. If you want to be safe please insure your package.
  15. Fiat Lux = A hand selected sample that is best of the bunch. Usually has a great beam and tint or great body and head aligned fitment. Fiat Lux is not something you can order. It's a light that is for occasional sales only. Even when you didn't order Fiat Lux but ordered the regular "V54" engraving option I will engrave Fiat Lux if your light is perfect as such.
  16. Dedome = removal of the clear dome on top on the LED die to reduce beam angle thus increasing throw. ~10-20% lumen loss, ~ double beam intensity, Temperature will be about 1000K-1500K lower, yield a more neutral/yellow/greenish tint.

Vinh Nguyen
24005 35th Ave S
Kent WA 98032
USA
[email protected]
I have a question about dedoming an led losing 10-20% lumens to increase throw.

1. Does it just appear more throw because the beam is tighter with less spill so as to remove tendency to remove night blinding the human eye from close-in spill?

2. How can we actually illuminate an object more with removal of lumens... Again, is it just the way it plays on the human eye?

3. Any beamshots or is this more a subjective personal judgement?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I have a question about dedoming an led losing 10-20% lumens to increase throw.

1. Does it just appear more throw because the beam is tighter with less spill so as to remove tendency to remove night blinding the human eye from close-in spill?

2. How can we actually illuminate an object more with removal of lumens... Again, is it just the way it plays on the human eye?

3. Any beamshots or is this more a subjective personal judgement?

Please ask these questions here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?395571-The-2015-Lounge

THANKS!!!!

livinloud

Newly Enlightened

I know I saw a post about you having a new email but the one listed in here is still your old email, right? (Or am I losing my mind)

I need to send an email about a returned item that seems to be stuck in Pasco WA for whatever reason. Im working with USPS but wanted to ask a few questions

EDIT: Out of no where the light was "delivered" today......over a week late but at least it says delivered and I am less nervous about the post office losing a $200 light :shakehead

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he's vowed to lay off business during his vacation
. He sent me an extra light by mistake and I haven't heard from him yet! ☺

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a typo!

3. Do not allow kids or someone uniformed to use my lights.

For a hot second, I thought there was something so sinister about modding lights that I can't expose it's existence to anyone in any kind of official uniform!

...or more on the creepy side...
"Psst! Hey you wanna use my light? Take your clothes off!"

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
[*]Do not allow kids or someone uniformed to use my lights. This is an example of operating my lights unattended.
[*]No CR123A in any of my lights. Unless I say it's OK.

How did wimmer get his hands on Vinh's lights. He broke both these rules???? : naughty: