My Fenix L2D CE experience has been miserable.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like out of all the L2D flashlights that left the factory there were two bad ones, and by incredible coincidence you happened to get both. :ohgeez:

atm

Enlightened
LowBat said:
It sounds like out of all the L2D flashlights that left the factory there were two bad ones, and by incredible coincidence you happened to get both. :ohgeez:
Nope, I got one as well. It worked properly for about 1 day.

Generally I don't think the build quality is a match for the older Fenix's I have or any number of other lights either. The threads are relatively rough and loose, the switch "feels" flimsy and vague and the beam quality isn't great (but is perfectly functional).

s60308076

Newly Enlightened
I've got one a couple of days ago. It had burnt me 4 packs of NiMH batteries continuously and still work fine~

Sorry to hear your misfortune. Keep trying, good luck!

carrot

Flashaholic
Sounds like you were unlucky enough to get two Fenixes with faulty regulation circuits. But from what I have seen Fenix has had a pretty incredible track record, with a very low reported failure rate for the market penetration it has, so I urge you to instead take advantage of Fenix-Store's warranty and give it another chance.

lumenal

Enlightened
Wow - it sounds like the OP has had incredible bad luck with a couple of L2D's.

I received my L2D around the 26 of Feb. and have used it everyday since without a single issue...

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix that I purchased new 6+ months ago was dead on arrival. When I emailed the firm that sold it to me I was told that Fenix had a design problem and that I needed to remove the stick-on foam spacer at the bottom of the tube. That task ended up being 20-some odd pieces of adhesive-backed foam spread all around the inside of the tube bottom and wall.

I was unumpressed with Fenix quality control and not exactly dazzled by their choice in retailer who feels that their design problems are the customer's problem to solve. I ended up cleaning up their mess that could have been built right in the first place.

Latest posts