My Fenix PD35 hit the floor and died. What to do?

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
Alas, my PD35 is no more. I thought the price was nice, the performance was good and the form factor just right for me, but I dropped it on a wooden floor and it quit. Assuming a resurrection is unlikely, please suggest a replacement that won't break the bank but would be more likely to survive some random mistreatment.

Alone In The Dark

Newly Enlightened
Why assume that a resurrection is unlikely? It sounds as if you like the flashlight. You should consider getting it repaired.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
There are some things you can do to diagnose the issue with the light. I assume you've tried a different battery in the unit? The impact could have damaged a rechargeable cell such that it no longer works, I've had that happen before.

If you have a multi-meter or other some other suitable metal item such as a paper clip you could remove the tailcap and bridge the negative terminal of the battery to the tailcap end of the body. If the light comes on you know the issue is with the tailcap.

If so you could check the tailcap ring is screwed down fully in the tailcap, or perhaps buy a new one from somewhere... if the issue is in the head I'm not sure there's much to be done outside of Fenix offering a repair service...

colight

Enlightened
Apart from what was already said, and from personal experience with Fenix as being true to their word, why don't you just contact your nearest dealer? If that doesn't solve the problem, or as a last resort, you may have to return your light to Fenix's head office in China. They do have a lifetime warranty on all their products, albeit a limited one. Don't give up! Have a try.....

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP sorry to hear about your light. I have sent 2 damaged PD35's into Fenix and they repaired them both for FREE. Instead of being sent back to China for repair they sent me an address in New York State to send it to. I did not expect to see the lights back for at least 2 months. To my total surprise both were back in my mailbox in two weeks. Idk exactly what they did to them but both lights now work better than they did new. Contact Fenix proper. They will ask you for the serial number off the light. Once they get that information they will email you where to send it for repair. OP if you live State side I would be surprised if Fenix told you to send it back to China for repair. Good luck...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Crazy. I use a pd35 as my edc work light and must of dropped that thing 100 times. Never had any issues

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite has a sale on amazon thru Facebook. There's a thread here about the tn12. Make sure you check that it isn't the battery

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I have the TN12 and it's a great light. A little more cost effective than the PD35, available in NW, and has moonlight mode if that matters. It's very slightly longer. If you're not fixing or replacing with another pd35 it's a great option. I've become interested in zebralight and if you want to spend a little more they have some great looking (and performing) lights.

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the helpful advice! It's much appreciated. Part of my thinking was based on being in Canada and facing extortionate postal rates if I needed to send the light to the US. I'll start with the tinkering and follow up on the warranty suggestions as a start.
Cheers!

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
dhunley1 - No I didn't. I also didn't mean this to be a knock on Fenix. I think the light was at least a couple of years old and I was the one that dropped it so I wasn't expecting anything under warranty.

fenix1 - Thank you. Will do.

Last edited:

tlmzdac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. My problem is solved as Fenix is taking good care of me.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is a Fenix they don't last. I had a dozen Fenix they all broke or came apart. Stopped working for no reason.
The only Fenix still works is E01 but that is only because is an Arc copy and is hard to mess up a 5mm led light.

Last edited:

elzilcho

Enlightened
Is a Fenix they don't last. I had a dozen Fenix they all broke or came apart. Stopped working for no reason.
The only Fenix still works is E01 but that is only because is an Arc copy and is hard to mess up a 5mm led light.

That doesn't match my experience at all. Every Fenix I've had has been rock solid

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened

That's surprising to hear. From what I've observed they seem to be among the most reliable lights.