My Love Runs Deep for Surefire Customer Service

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't find a thread on this even though I'm sure I saw one before...

Anyway, I just wanted to express how absolutely delighted I am with my latest experience with surefire customer service.

Like a moron I managed to rip (still don't know how I did it :thinking:) the rubber switch-boot on my A2 tailcap. So I just got off the phone with surefire trying to order just a new boot and they said that they will just ship me an entire new A2 tailcap at no charge.

I told the rep that the tailcap still works perfectly and I really think that is much more than I need - he insisted that it will make the whole assembly process easier if they just send me the entire tailcap :p

I know that surefire customer service at times catches some heat on here so I just wanted to share this example of a mindblowing customer service experience.

This is why I will buy surefire for life :D

Sw1tch

Newly Enlightened
I called Surefire today, too. For a replacement lanyard (A little less important than a tailcap, I will admit) for my A2, as one of the stoppers broke off and I use the lanyard a lot. I was shipped a new lanyard, no questions asked.

It also reminds me of the time when I blew a P60 assembly 2 days after getting my 6P, and they sent a new one right away. Awesome service indeed.

gunga

Flashaholic
Yep, I agree. I had 2 old style z57s lock up, with limited use.

Surefire is sending me some new replacements!
Hopefully it won't take too long to get to Canada.

Sheesh, those older Surefire clickies have pretty unreliable guts! The new ones appear a lot better.

edc3

Enlightened
Just this morning I received a new bezel for my C2. No charge and no questions, other than name and shipping address, asked.

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
I have to agree. A brand new KL5A arrived yesterday to replace a KL5 that went "kapoof". No charge. I love Surefire for many reasons, customer service is high on the list.

danpass

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to buy replacement o-ring sets (for both ends) on an A2 and three G2s.

They didn't sell them so they're sending them for free.

I also asked about a new lens gasket (its flat) for one of my G2s and they said they don't send those out but they would simply send a new OD bezel assembly lol.

I said I wasn't looking to get free parts, just let me know what o-ring I would need, but they insisted, so ok, sure.

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
I love reading threads like this. Surefire's customer service is a huge reason I buy from them. Glad they took care of you

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. An old and well used Z57 clicky I got used from another member a couple of years ago failed on me. One call, no other information than my name and address, and a week later I have a new style Z57.
Awesome. No hassle, no need to return parts, no RMA, nothin.'

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree on this also. I had a 9P once that fell off a roof and smacked on a rock. The reflector was damaged and the bezel. SF asked me to send it in. Less than two weeks later a new light came. Certainly brings a smile to your face. :thumbsup:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience matches closely with what everyone else has said so far. I had an L1 tailcap which worked intermittently. One phone call and about 2 weeks later, a brand new one's in my mailbox.

shomie911

Enlightened
I needed a replacement Z59 clicky, called Surefire, and after telling them my phone number and address, they said they would send me a new one.

They didn't ask anything other than that, absolutely no hassle!

I'm confident that if my A2, L1, or C2 ever have a problem, I can count on Surefire's customer service to solve it.

I love Surefire. :thumbsup:

GPB

Enlightened
So...if I call and say my M6 needs a new tailcap....then it needs a new lamp assembly.......then a new head......and then the body is scratched......

presto !! Free M6 !!

( for those that aren't sure, or think that I am being sacreligous....I am just kidding )

shomie911

Enlightened
So...if I call and say my M6 needs a new tailcap....then it needs a new lamp assembly.......then a new head......and then the body is scratched......

presto !! Free M6 !!

( for those that aren't sure, or think that I am being sacreligous....I am just kidding )

I think they would catch on at a certain point. And you would have that terrible guilty feeling for taking advantage of such a great company. :D

Superdave

Enlightened
wow, i didn't know they'd replace the lanyards.. i just bought a NIB Z3 and one of the lanyard locks was busted right out of the box.

I just called them Monday because my U2's tailcap failed again. New one shipped no questions asked. This will be the 2nd in 6 months that's failed (latest design).

Of course 99% of the time they are fixable.. but they shouldn't have failed in the first place. :)

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
What the heck, I might as well give my praise for them as well. I have asked for 1 OD green and 1 tan G2Z bezels. The reason I wanted these for my standard G2's is because I was going to Malkoff these and I wanted pyrex lenses instead of lexan lenses, and SF sent these out for free. I have also received some o-rings for a couple of lights, all of this over a years time.

Surefire is the best in my humble opinion.:twothumbs

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't find a thread on this even though I'm sure I saw one before...

Anyway, I just wanted to express how absolutely delighted I am with my latest experience with surefire customer service.

Like a moron I managed to rip (still don't know how I did it :thinking:) the rubber switch-boot on my A2 tailcap. So I just got off the phone with surefire trying to order just a new boot and they said that they will just ship me an entire new A2 tailcap at no charge.

I told the rep that the tailcap still works perfectly and I really think that is much more than I need - he insisted that it will make the whole assembly process easier if they just send me the entire tailcap :p

I know that surefire customer service at times catches some heat on here so I just wanted to share this example of a mindblowing customer service experience.

This is why I will buy surefire for life :D

That's awesome. I just wish you hadn't posted it here because I'm afraid others will get ideas after reading this to get a free T.C. or better & S.F. will have to regulate when people take advantage. But that's good to know if I ever do the same with my A2.

shomie911

Enlightened
That's awesome. I just wish you hadn't posted it here because I'm afraid others will get ideas after reading this to get a free T.C. or better & S.F. will have to regulate when people take advantage. But that's good to know if I ever do the same with my A2.

Most people here on CPF are very responsible and ethical people, I'm sure they wouldn't want to take advantage of a company that already has such a generous reputation.

And to those of you that want to take advantage of Surefire customer service, please don't, you'll ruin it for the rest of us.

arjay

Newly Enlightened
I agree with the OP. One of those metal thingy(don't know what they are called) broke off my L1 tailcap and it would no longer go to high, sent SureFire an email and they got back to me very quickly. They sent me a tailcap but did not receive it, after waiting for a month I emailed customer service again and said that I did not get the package, the rep said that he was going to send another package to the local distributor and had me pick it up there. It arrived in record time! 2or 3 days I think all the way to the Philippines.

:twothumbs for SureFire!

HKJ

Flashaholic
With all this praise for Surefire, we have to remember that the warranty works best if your are US based, according to the post I have seen here.
Personally I have never had a problem, but then I have never needed the warranty, my Surefires has never had any problems.

DieselTech

Enlightened
I want to throw my experience in also. A while ago I dropped my M6, and the bulb exploded inside the head and left a film on the lens and reflector. After learning here that I probably wouldn't be able to properly clean the reflector, I called SureFire. I told the rep, first thing "I dropped my light onto some bricks..." then explained what had happened. He issued me an RA number, and I sent my light in. He said that at the time, the average turnaround time was roughly two weeks from when it arrived. Sure enough, two weeks after my light arrived at SF, it showed up on my porch. I'll be honest, I can't tell if the head is new or nor. I don't believe so, because the coloring matches exactly. However, the reflector, lens, bulb, and batteries are all definitely new. Total cost, even after explaining that it was completely my fault and that I'd dropped the light onto bricks? Nothing.

Hoorah for SureFire!