My SF E1L vs. garbage disposal!!

H2Orower

Enlightened
H20rower, I have a gutted out KX1 head. If you are up to cracking the bezel open I can ship you the lens so you can replace the broken one.

PM me your address and I can drop it in the mail!

Chris

Sorry for the late reply. I've been traveling for several days and haven't been checking CPF.

Thank you very much for the offer Chris... that's very considerate of you, but I'm going to pass. I'm not comfortable opening the bezel and besides, I've become rather fond of the light exactly the way it is. It's now my showpiece. :thumbsup:

Thanks again though.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Sorry to Necro this thread but I thought people might be interested that H20rower's story now seems to be featured on Surefire's True Stories pages. Just scroll down to "Outdoorsman Takes On Garbage Disposal"

grumbler

Newly Enlightened
The body's durability is surely more a function of the properties of aluminum rather than any of SureFire's manufacturing techniques. I guess it's impressive that the electronics survived the bludgeoning, but aren't SureFire flashlights designed relatively simply, anyway? How exactly could one fail?

How's holding the light-- are there any pointy metal bits sticking out?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Took SF this long to upload the story?

I guess there's still hope that my L1 Cree tale will eventually get uploaded as well.

red02

Enlightened
Holy s.. probably the best looking flashlight I've seen in my year of lurking + posting.

I'll probably order the E2L AA tonight.

Last edited:

MaxLight

Newly Enlightened
My E1L went one-on-one with my washing machine this weekend. It came out nice and clean and still works (No water or moisture inside). I know it is not the same type of punishment, but this is why I EDC a Surefire.