Need a new scorpion hunting light

tommyid1

Newly Enlightened
Thomas
I've been using a Convoy S2+ nightly for a couple years and had no issues. It's working great for me.

You're welcome to use my backup UV light if you need it 'till you find something. Scorpions glow well but batteries (3 AA) only last about a week. I used Eneloops.

Are you using a filter for the s2+. If so what kind? I'm in Prescott valley

heckeng

Newly Enlightened
I have the convoy, crappy led. It outputs a lot of visible light along with the UV. I recently found the Fenix TK25UV. It is fantastic and the led is way nicer output wise than the convoy or 25 led lights

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Convoy S2+ UV and I got the Woods Glass filter for ~$4.00

Search "aliexpress convoy zwb2 filter 365 nv" and look for the filter (presently at bottom of page).

The filter blocks 100% of the visible light from the UV LED (that I can see).

-Bill

daveritchieaz

Newly Enlightened
i would say a s2 with uv ... i have been using my a8 lately ... i live in az so theres alot of scorpions

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently there are 2 scorpion hunting threads....

I have an HDS with woods lens, specifically made for hunting scorpions in AZ, but are all sold out now.

I also have a malkoff uv light that might be a good option, idk

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently there are 2 scorpion hunting threads....

I have an HDS with woods lens, specifically made for hunting scorpions in AZ, but are all sold out now.

I also have a malkoff uv light that might be a good option, idk

I think the other was closed buddy
I ve not had the malkoff but am interested what wavelength is it and is it still available? HDS will likely go to the dirt with me...

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Malkoff's website:

[h=1]Malkoff MD2 365nm UV Flashlight[/h][FONT=&quot]Malkoff MD2 Flashlight (Black Type III Hard Anodized) with Malkoff 365nm 900mw UV Module. The LED is a Lite-on C03 UV LED. The switch is a forward clicky with momentary function.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a very powerful UV light. The design utilizes a custom orange peel reflector designed by Don McLeish. The reflector offers a very nice balance between throw and spill. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The current draw is only 450ma at 6 volts. The full output runtime is approximately 3 hours on two CR123 primary batteries with a nice long taper as voltage drops.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The input voltage is 3.8 - 9 volts. Below 3.8 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive. This dropin is protected against reverse polarity.

-Bill
[/FONT]

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, im not sure you can beat the HDS, especially with woods lens and rotary/clicky interface. It's nice to be able to adjust the output.

Thanks Bill, i was just getting ready to go find the info on the malkoff uv. They have an 18650 version or the md2/18650 version. Both have the same specs. I'm not sure how the 18650 version woks as in modes if any, but the 18650(which I have) now has a high/low ring allowing for 2 modes of output.