need a replacement for Olight S2

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
I've had a couple of the OG Olight S2 baton lights. compact 18650 light, TIR optic, magnetic tail cap and tip up pocket clip for head lamp use on my hat brim. It was the perfect light for my work on elevators. I would buy more if they still existed but alas its discontinued. I tried the nitecore EC30 which is basically the same light with 10% more body fat and inferior build as they both broke ( along with 2 for a coworker as well) in a few months.

So I need a compact 18650 or 16650 light with at least 400 lumens and a pocket clip that allows it to clip to my hat. Mag base is a plus. prefer non rechargable. So far the best I have found is the 4sevens quark but dropping $80+ on a chinese made light is a bit tough to swallow. I would prefer to keep it around 60 or less. double that for USA made.

Any Ideas?

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
They still make the s2r baton, powered by a 18650.
yes but I dont like the rechargeable end cap, and they changed the knurling to a terrible texture and worst of all, they changed the clip to a double ender that I can not stand. I could live with the other two negatives if it wasn't for that clip. also its more $ than the discontinued non rechargeable for features I do not want.

ltec

Newly Enlightened
Did you get another torch. I also have the first baton and its far better build than the newer ones. All the newer seem to having problems and switching on in pockets etc.
I want something similar but with a tail clicky as my parents struggle with the small button

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
I am still looking. I still have one Olight that hasnt broken yet, but its only a matter of time until it breaks or I lose it.

Latest posts