Need Batteries for a NITECORE TM26 Flashlight

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense, typically turbo is not as well regulated as other modes, on most lights. The super-flat regulation at all other modes is one of the things I like about my TM26.

Good work testing it!

Sparkybruce

Newly Enlightened
I have just set up my TM26 to charge it up off a bench power supply.

I forgot to set the current limit up , so I turned it on set to 12V and 100mA current limit.

The torch went straight to the current limit and the display on the torch went straight to 4.20V charging complete. (and it pulled the 4 to 8mA that it does when it is fully charged).

Turning the power off and back on with a higher current limit of 2A , and the torch is charging normally pulling 800 is mA.

So if your power supply is not capable of supplying the full charge current the torch will go to charging complete rather than indicating an external power supply issue.

Also when I have been charging up my NBP52 directly of the bench supply (into the 2A port) all I see is a similar 830mA charging current , rather than the 2A ish that I was expecting. I still do not have the correct connector to try the 4A charging port.

In the instructions they say that you can use the standard TM26 power supply to charge the battery pack up , and as the standard PSU is only 1Amp rated I am not supprised that it pulls less than 1A.

I have sent an email off directly to my nitecore engineer , but I have not had a reply yet.

Thanks

Bruce

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
How low have your cells been, when you tried charging? You don't want it drawing the max current when they are nearing a full charge...

Sparkybruce

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

The batteries were down at about 3.9V before the charging attempt. I only see the charge current start reduce when the battery voltage gets up to about 4.1V.

Bruce

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries were down at about 3.9V before the charging attempt. I only see the charge current start reduce when the battery voltage gets up to about 4.1V

Well, there goes my theory. Hopefully Nitecore gets back to you on that...I'm now curious to see what they have to say about it also.