Need light for police duty, looking for something to fit on belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
eagletac g25c2 mkII (neutral)

sunwayman t20cs (neutral)

olight m20s-x (neutral) only offered in a xmas package with another light and accesories

most can be bought with discount codes to help you a bit

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened
Please consider:
EagleTac P100a2, P20a2 MK11
Sunwayman C15a

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Nubster since you a newbie. Please keep in mind that some flashlights cannot be modified or simply have its head screwed off and a new drop in swapped like the Surefire 6P or the Solarforce referred to as P60 based if and when a newer brighter more efficient led becomes available or have the option switching between drop ins with multi modes or different tint. Plus you will have a array of Legoing options available.

Last edited:

Nubster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again. Still undecided. I need to decide soon, I really want/need to get this ordered soon. By this weekend. I am still torn on what to get. At this point I am leaning heavily towards either the Streamlight Strion or the Solarforce host + drop in and a couple batteries. I just need to decide exactly which drop in. Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far.

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
personally, i would opt to go with any single-output Solarforce light with a grip ring & get Blackhawk's Mod-U-Lok holster.

Pelican M6 (3W version) is quite outdated, & only an updated drop-in will do, which adds to the cost. it comes with a holster that carries a set of spare batteries, but the batteries are left exposed to the elements.

i have 2 Pelican M6, the 2330 & 2390, bought cheapo drop-ins from Deal Extreme & from Solar Force. the blue-ish tints is dealt with by using square photographic (plastic) filters with warm tints, cut to the bezel's size.

not sure if your local optometrist/eye glass maker/spectacles shop is willing to make you a pair, or just 1 of warm tinted plastic lenses for your light. i was told by mine that it can be done, & the slight curvature does not effect the beam quality.

Nubster

Newly Enlightened
personally, i would opt to go with any single-output Solarforce light with a grip ring & get Blackhawk's Mod-U-Lok holster.

Pelican M6 (3W version) is quite outdated, & only an updated drop-in will do, which adds to the cost. it comes with a holster that carries a set of spare batteries, but the batteries are left exposed to the elements.

i have 2 Pelican M6, the 2330 & 2390, bought cheapo drop-ins from Deal Extreme & from Solar Force. the blue-ish tints is dealt with by using square photographic (plastic) filters with warm tints, cut to the bezel's size.

not sure if your local optometrist/eye glass maker/spectacles shop is willing to make you a pair, or just 1 of warm tinted plastic lenses for your light. i was told by mine that it can be done, & the slight curvature does not effect the beam quality.

Yeah, I pretty much ruled out the Pelican M6. Nice looking light, but I think I can do better for the price. I am really liking the idea of the Solarforce host with a Nailbender drop in. I just don't know for sure what drop in I need/want. I have a PM in to him (Nailbender) to see if he can shed some light on the subject.

Last edited:

Nubster

Newly Enlightened
Well, just wanted to throw out a BIG thank you to everyone for the help, suggestions, and generosity. I have decided on a Nailbender XPG2 with OP reflector and 5000K temp drop in with a Solarforce L2T host. Thanks again everyone!

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
Officer; please consider the Firstlight-USA Tomahawk ST or Liberator STT tactical light. I know it may be out of your $$ range but geez y'all, we're talking about your safety here. It's only 120 lumens but because of the smooth reflector, it may be the right kind of beam for the job. Otherwise, look at the Armytek Predator V2. As far as batteries, contact any Flashaholic on this forum about AW batteries or better yet, ask Norm for a link. Charger? I've read that XStar chargers are reliable. I'm still researching chargers myself.

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
Yeah, I pretty much ruled out the Pelican M6. Nice looking light, but I think I can do better for the price. I am really liking the idea of the Solarforce host with a Nailbender drop in. I just don't know for sure what drop in I need/want. I have a PM in to him (Nailbender) to see if he can shed some light on the subject.

Pelican M6 is a nice workhorse, the switch boot is surprisingly long lasting. still good today as it was since i bought it in 2003.

glad to know you have decided on your light, Solarforce L2T, maybe good if you also ordered spare parts like the bezel (some going at a discount) & extra switch to minimise any down time if you needed replacement, since the bezel & tail switch is most likely to take most damage when its dropped.

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
Officer; please consider the Firstlight-USA Tomahawk ST or Liberator STT tactical light. I know it may be out of your $$ range but geez y'all, we're talking about your safety here. It's only 120 lumens but because of the smooth reflector, it may be the right kind of beam for the job. Otherwise, look at the Armytek Predator V2. As far as batteries, contact any Flashaholic on this forum about AW batteries or better yet, ask Norm for a link. Charger? I've read that XStar chargers are reliable. I'm still researching chargers myself.

Nubster

Newly Enlightened
Well, after a lot of reading, I am confident in my choice. From what I have read and watched in videos, the Solarforce bodies are on par with Surefire as far as quality. The Nailbender drop in...haven't seen a bad thing written about them either. I think if I had any concern at all, it would maybe be that the clicky switch might be slightly less quality but that can be easily fixed by installing a Surefire tail cap on the Solarforce body. I did order two AW batteries so I am pretty sure I'm good to go. I will also still have my Streamlight TLR-1 light on me at all times as well as a small pocket light and my mag-charger in the car, and as an additional back up, I did end up ordering a Klarus XT11 too. I found a really good deal so I couldn't pass it up. Figured can't have too many lights and if nothing else, it would make a really good light for around the house.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Just to let you know I dont think the Solarforce L2T clicky should be a concern the Solarforce clicky is not bad at all, as a matter of fact I think I feels better than the Z59 Surefire clicky (and thats coming from a Surefire Fanboy) and a McClicky for some reason. The regular Surefire tailcap the Z44 is not a clicky and you would have to install a McClicky ($20 just for the McClicky, what the L2T host costs) to convert it to a clicky.

Last edited:

Antennas

Newly Enlightened
I use the Magcharger. I know you may have made up your mind but I think that light is hard to beat. It is very bright with the newer batteries and I can use it for a weapon if I have to very quickly, like n bar walks etc .. Charges up right in the car. It isn't a belt light but is better than one. For checking DL's etc I just use a cheap LED light of any kind.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Well, it looks like OP has made his decision (post 28). Also, in reference to above post, it does not look like he was looking for a "weapon", and will be using it as an illumination devise. Closing this.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.