Need modern >3400mAh 18650

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then that implies that your cells were either fake or damaged. If genuine NCRB has such extremely poor life there would be many complaints, recalls, etc. But there aren't. Whenever you notice something strange like that you should report it here so others can help you troubleshoot it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's exactly how they perform on any other tests I've seen as well. Like the aforementioned hjk tests. I think everyone just assumed since it's made by Panasonic and has a big number on it it means it's the best.... A friend of mine got a couple 4greer cells which under the wrapper were ncrb cells. They performed exactly the same as mine...... Not sure what else to say

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's exactly how they perform on any other tests I've seen as well

Genuine healthy Panasonic NCRBs do not peform as you observed below. This is not consistent with the above datasheet or any "other tests" that I know of. By design they are energy (vs. power) cells, so they may not be the best choice for high drain apps, but their cycle/calendar life is fine.

I had one die after 7 cycles in a light sitting unused. 6 months after charging it and maybe 10 minutes use it was sitting at 2.2V so I tossed it. The other with about 10 cycles was 40% down on capacity fully charged. That's horrendous cycle/calender life.

archimedes

Flashaholic

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the replies!

You wrote that 5000mAh is not to be trusted, but this comparator site lists some 5000mAh cells and their curves *seem* fine to a layman like me...

There are some legitimate 5000mAh 26650 cells, but not 18650.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wrote that 5000mAh is not to be trusted, but this comparator site lists some 5000mAh cells and their curves *seem* fine to a layman like me:
Could you explain the problem?
Anybody can lie to you and print wrong information on advertised item.
Did you read
here?
It's buyers decision to choose such an item or trusted company products.
Stay away from any 18650 cell if advertized 3600mAh or higher.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Anybody can lie to you and print wrong information on advertised item.
Did you read
here?
It's buyers decision to choose such an item or trusted company products.
Stay away from any 18650 cell if advertized 3600mAh or higher.

My comparator is not lying, but it includes cells larger than 18650!

Agpp

Enlightened
The Panasonic 3500mah GA cell is the one you want if you're looking for highest capacity. Any higher number you see is a lie. Also I would suggest staying away from the 3400mah cells. They're Panasonic ncrb cells and I'd recommend every other 18650 in existence over those. They may be high capacity but they don't last well and have probably the worst discharge characteristics of any well known quality cell. Personally I prefer the high drain 2500-3000 mah cells from Sony, LG, and Samsung. They'll give just as much if not more usable capacity and your lights will either be brighter or stay in regulation longer as they hold their voltage much better

In fact 3500 mAh GA is a lie too. And no, it's not the highest capacity. 35E beats it marginally.